Sean Penn Enjoyed Birthday Celebration Organized by Bono
Sean Penn celebrated his 50th birthday in style - he enjoyed a weekend of partying with U2 rocker Bono. The Oscar-winning actor reaches the milestone on Tuesday, August 17 but he broke out the champagne early for a boozy bash in Dublin, Ireland.
He is currently in the Irish capital filming "This Must Be the Place" alongside Bono's daughter Memphis Eve Hewson, but he took time out on Saturday, August 14 to party with the U2 star, his own son Hopper and daughter Dylan, and country legend Kris Kristoffersonn.
The group gathered at the Samsara Bar for a special party organized by Bono before heading to the nearby O'Donohue's pub, where the rocker and the birthday boy enjoyed a singsong late into the night.
On Sunday, August 15, Penn joined Bono for lunch at celebrity chef Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse and Grill - but Penn was clearly feeling the effects of the night before, leaving the eatery after just two hours while Bono continued to party into the early evening.
More Sean Penn News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences