Guns N' Roses Shows NOT Canceled
Guns N' Roses' management team has moved swiftly to deny reports the band has canceled their upcoming gigs after a hacker posted a fake message on Axl Rose's Twitter page. Fans of the rockers were left stunned on Sunday, August 15 to see a post on the micro blogging site, seemingly from the frontman, declaring all their imminent shows had been axed.
The message read, "All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially canceled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds." But the band's rep has spoken out to clarify the speculation, insisting the message was not genuine and planned tour dates in the autumn, as well as slots at Britain's upcoming Reading and Leeds festivals, will go ahead as planned.
A spokesperson for the events' organizers Festival Republic tells BBC's Newsbeat, "(We) are informed by GN'R management that Guns N' Roses have NOT canceled their performances at Reading & Leeds and that Axl Rose's Twitter account was hacked into and all claims of dates being canceled are unfounded."
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner