Dianna Agron and Jessica Szohr Win Breakthrough of the Year Awards
"Glee" star Dianna Agron and "Gossip Girl" actress Jessica Szohr have been tipped for big things after taking home honors at the annual Breakthrough of the Year Awards. Blonde beauty Agron shot to fame last year after taking on the role of cheerleader Quinn Fabray in the all-singing, all-dancing high school show and she walked away with the Breakthrough Newcomer trophy at Sunday's August 15 ceremony in Hollywood.
Szohr, who has been a regular on "Gossip Girl" since the first season in 2007, was handed the Breakthrough Actress in Film award for her work in the upcoming action horror "Piranha 3-D". Breakthrough Actor in Film went to Josh Hutcherson for "The Kids Are All Right", while "90210" actress AnnaLynne McCord landed the Breakthrough Standout Performance for her role on the hit U.S. series.
Other winners at the event included Matt Bomer, who was named Breakthrough Actor in TV for "White Collar", and Sofia Vergara, whose turn in "Modern Family" gained her the Breakthrough Actress in TV prize.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'