Dianna Agron and Jessica Szohr Win Breakthrough of the Year Awards
"Glee" star Dianna Agron and "Gossip Girl" actress Jessica Szohr have been tipped for big things after taking home honors at the annual Breakthrough of the Year Awards. Blonde beauty Agron shot to fame last year after taking on the role of cheerleader Quinn Fabray in the all-singing, all-dancing high school show and she walked away with the Breakthrough Newcomer trophy at Sunday's August 15 ceremony in Hollywood.
Szohr, who has been a regular on "Gossip Girl" since the first season in 2007, was handed the Breakthrough Actress in Film award for her work in the upcoming action horror "Piranha 3-D". Breakthrough Actor in Film went to Josh Hutcherson for "The Kids Are All Right", while "90210" actress AnnaLynne McCord landed the Breakthrough Standout Performance for her role on the hit U.S. series.
Other winners at the event included Matt Bomer, who was named Breakthrough Actor in TV for "White Collar", and Sofia Vergara, whose turn in "Modern Family" gained her the Breakthrough Actress in TV prize.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars