Dianna Agron and Jessica Szohr Win Breakthrough of the Year Awards
"Glee" star Dianna Agron and "Gossip Girl" actress Jessica Szohr have been tipped for big things after taking home honors at the annual Breakthrough of the Year Awards. Blonde beauty Agron shot to fame last year after taking on the role of cheerleader Quinn Fabray in the all-singing, all-dancing high school show and she walked away with the Breakthrough Newcomer trophy at Sunday's August 15 ceremony in Hollywood.
Szohr, who has been a regular on "Gossip Girl" since the first season in 2007, was handed the Breakthrough Actress in Film award for her work in the upcoming action horror "Piranha 3-D". Breakthrough Actor in Film went to Josh Hutcherson for "The Kids Are All Right", while "90210" actress AnnaLynne McCord landed the Breakthrough Standout Performance for her role on the hit U.S. series.
Other winners at the event included Matt Bomer, who was named Breakthrough Actor in TV for "White Collar", and Sofia Vergara, whose turn in "Modern Family" gained her the Breakthrough Actress in TV prize.
More Dianna Agron News
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement