Katy Perry Singing Beyonce Knowles' 'Single Ladies' at Prom
Katy Perry stunned school leavers in Australia on Friday, August 13 when she crashed a student prom in Melbourne. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker made an impromptu appearance at the city's Grand Hyatt hotel, where pupils were celebrating their leaving party.
The star asked to speak to the head of the student council, and offered to join in the celebrations. Student council president Anthony Lay says, ''Someone came over to me and said Katy Perry had heard about our formal, and wanted to come. But she's a celebrity and there were more than 550 students in the room, so another person, a woman, said it would be too dangerous."
But Perry ignored the safety advice and stormed straight to the center of the dancefloor, grabbed a mic and started singing Beyonce Knowles' hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - before the shocked DJ started spinning her recent hit "California Gurls".
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she wrote, "I totes (totally) just crashed a prom!"
More Katy Perry News
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip