Katy Perry Singing Beyonce Knowles' 'Single Ladies' at Prom
Katy Perry stunned school leavers in Australia on Friday, August 13 when she crashed a student prom in Melbourne. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker made an impromptu appearance at the city's Grand Hyatt hotel, where pupils were celebrating their leaving party.
The star asked to speak to the head of the student council, and offered to join in the celebrations. Student council president Anthony Lay says, ''Someone came over to me and said Katy Perry had heard about our formal, and wanted to come. But she's a celebrity and there were more than 550 students in the room, so another person, a woman, said it would be too dangerous."
But Perry ignored the safety advice and stormed straight to the center of the dancefloor, grabbed a mic and started singing Beyonce Knowles' hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - before the shocked DJ started spinning her recent hit "California Gurls".
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she wrote, "I totes (totally) just crashed a prom!"
More Katy Perry News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie