Katy Perry Singing Beyonce Knowles' 'Single Ladies' at Prom
Katy Perry stunned school leavers in Australia on Friday, August 13 when she crashed a student prom in Melbourne. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker made an impromptu appearance at the city's Grand Hyatt hotel, where pupils were celebrating their leaving party.
The star asked to speak to the head of the student council, and offered to join in the celebrations. Student council president Anthony Lay says, ''Someone came over to me and said Katy Perry had heard about our formal, and wanted to come. But she's a celebrity and there were more than 550 students in the room, so another person, a woman, said it would be too dangerous."
But Perry ignored the safety advice and stormed straight to the center of the dancefloor, grabbed a mic and started singing Beyonce Knowles' hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - before the shocked DJ started spinning her recent hit "California Gurls".
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she wrote, "I totes (totally) just crashed a prom!"
More Katy Perry News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen