Katy Perry Singing Beyonce Knowles' 'Single Ladies' at Prom
Katy Perry stunned school leavers in Australia on Friday, August 13 when she crashed a student prom in Melbourne. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker made an impromptu appearance at the city's Grand Hyatt hotel, where pupils were celebrating their leaving party.
The star asked to speak to the head of the student council, and offered to join in the celebrations. Student council president Anthony Lay says, ''Someone came over to me and said Katy Perry had heard about our formal, and wanted to come. But she's a celebrity and there were more than 550 students in the room, so another person, a woman, said it would be too dangerous."
But Perry ignored the safety advice and stormed straight to the center of the dancefloor, grabbed a mic and started singing Beyonce Knowles' hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - before the shocked DJ started spinning her recent hit "California Gurls".
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she wrote, "I totes (totally) just crashed a prom!"
More Katy Perry News
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date