Katy Perry Singing Beyonce Knowles' 'Single Ladies' at Prom
Katy Perry stunned school leavers in Australia on Friday, August 13 when she crashed a student prom in Melbourne. The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker made an impromptu appearance at the city's Grand Hyatt hotel, where pupils were celebrating their leaving party.
The star asked to speak to the head of the student council, and offered to join in the celebrations. Student council president Anthony Lay says, ''Someone came over to me and said Katy Perry had heard about our formal, and wanted to come. But she's a celebrity and there were more than 550 students in the room, so another person, a woman, said it would be too dangerous."
But Perry ignored the safety advice and stormed straight to the center of the dancefloor, grabbed a mic and started singing Beyonce Knowles' hit "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - before the shocked DJ started spinning her recent hit "California Gurls".
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she wrote, "I totes (totally) just crashed a prom!"
More Katy Perry News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger