Asher Roth and B.o.B Come Under Fire Over Their Back to School Gig
Rapper Asher Roth has come under fire from officials at an anti-drugs group after he was booked to play a concert for students in Virginia - with campaigners accusing the star of promoting "illegal and unhealthy behaviors".
The "I Love College" hitmaker has been hired to perform at the Back to School gig, which is organized by a student committee at Virginia Commonwealth University for incoming freshmen. Roth and "Airplanes" star B.o.B are both reportedly earning $100,000 for the show.
But the choice of performers has angered Denise Miller, the president of the Regional Drug Free Alliance, who insists Roth and his support acts are bad role models for impressionable young college-goers. She says, "Having this artist come to the campus normalizes inappropriate, illegal and unhealthy behaviors. It also lowers the expectations for the students."
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake