Asher Roth and B.o.B Come Under Fire Over Their Back to School Gig
Rapper Asher Roth has come under fire from officials at an anti-drugs group after he was booked to play a concert for students in Virginia - with campaigners accusing the star of promoting "illegal and unhealthy behaviors".
The "I Love College" hitmaker has been hired to perform at the Back to School gig, which is organized by a student committee at Virginia Commonwealth University for incoming freshmen. Roth and "Airplanes" star B.o.B are both reportedly earning $100,000 for the show.
But the choice of performers has angered Denise Miller, the president of the Regional Drug Free Alliance, who insists Roth and his support acts are bad role models for impressionable young college-goers. She says, "Having this artist come to the campus normalizes inappropriate, illegal and unhealthy behaviors. It also lowers the expectations for the students."
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018