Asher Roth and B.o.B Come Under Fire Over Their Back to School Gig
Rapper Asher Roth has come under fire from officials at an anti-drugs group after he was booked to play a concert for students in Virginia - with campaigners accusing the star of promoting "illegal and unhealthy behaviors".
The "I Love College" hitmaker has been hired to perform at the Back to School gig, which is organized by a student committee at Virginia Commonwealth University for incoming freshmen. Roth and "Airplanes" star B.o.B are both reportedly earning $100,000 for the show.
But the choice of performers has angered Denise Miller, the president of the Regional Drug Free Alliance, who insists Roth and his support acts are bad role models for impressionable young college-goers. She says, "Having this artist come to the campus normalizes inappropriate, illegal and unhealthy behaviors. It also lowers the expectations for the students."
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch