Asher Roth and B.o.B Come Under Fire Over Their Back to School Gig
Rapper Asher Roth has come under fire from officials at an anti-drugs group after he was booked to play a concert for students in Virginia - with campaigners accusing the star of promoting "illegal and unhealthy behaviors".
The "I Love College" hitmaker has been hired to perform at the Back to School gig, which is organized by a student committee at Virginia Commonwealth University for incoming freshmen. Roth and "Airplanes" star B.o.B are both reportedly earning $100,000 for the show.
But the choice of performers has angered Denise Miller, the president of the Regional Drug Free Alliance, who insists Roth and his support acts are bad role models for impressionable young college-goers. She says, "Having this artist come to the campus normalizes inappropriate, illegal and unhealthy behaviors. It also lowers the expectations for the students."
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death