Ving Rhames Avoids Wading Far Out Into Water After Encounter With 'Prehistoric' Creature
Movie tough guy Ving Rhames has been put off snorkeling for good after a close encounter with an unknown underwater creature. The "Mission: Impossible" star, who appears in new ocean horror "Piranha 3-D", reveals one trip to explore life under the waves in Queensland, Australia left him freaked out because he could not identify what the "prehistoric"-looking monster was.
He tells WENN, "Snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef I saw something I don't know what it was to this day. My mind couldn't relate to what it was... If I saw it and knew it was a shark I wouldn't be as afraid but I saw something that looked prehistoric and I haven't been snorkeling since. It was a combination of a catfish and something with a large oblongish-type head. It came towards me and I froze and it just went away. I haven't done any scuba diving since either."
And Rhames is convinced there are plenty of other species scientists have yet to discover - so he now avoids wading far out into the water. He adds, "I really feel that there are things in the ocean that we have no idea about. I think there's so much we don't know and the unknown in the ocean."
"Every 10 years or so we find some fossil that's been there before mankind. But I do fish and as a matter of fact I used to do a lot of deep sea fishing but as far as going into the water, I don't go out deep into the water."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off