Oprah Winfrey Sued Over Alleged 'Hostile Work Environment'
A woman who worked on Oprah Winfrey's new TV network OWN is suing the company, alleging she was "subjected to a hostile work environment" due to her disability. Catherine Dunn, who suffers from central nervous system disease multiple sclerosis, started as an assistant at the cable channel in 2008.
She claims she was badly treated because of her condition, and was forced to take leave because her symptoms were worsened by the stress of working in a "hostile" environment. Dunn alleges in a suit filed on Friday, August 13 at Los Angeles Superior Court that while she was on stress-related leave, she was replaced by "a non-disabled and younger employee", according to TMZ.com.
Dunn is suing the network for wrongful termination and is seeking unspecified damages. Winfrey's new network will debut in early 2011.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3