Joe Jonas to Sue Blogger Over Claim He and Demi Lovato Have 'Illicit Relationship'
Joe Jonas has set his lawyers on a showbusiness blogger who implied the star had slept with ex-girlfriend Demi Lovato. The clean-cut teen sensation briefly dated his fellow Disney star earlier this year.
The pair was recently the subject of speculation by Canadian blogger Zack Taylor, who allegedly claimed Jonas and 17-year-old Lovato - who is under the legal age of sexual consent in many U.S. states - were "friends with benefits". Now, Jonas' legal team has fired off a warning letter to Taylor, demanding that the blogger removes the comments and stops posting stories implying the two singers "are involved in an illicit relationship".
According to TMZ.com, which has obtained the letter, the singer's attorney warns, "Your repeated posting of fabricated stories regarding our client must be viewed as evidence of your wilful or reckless disregard for the truth and reflect a malicious attempt to attack and devalue our client's good name and reputation."
"We will be monitoring your site and will be advising our client of his legal options, including, but not limited to, the filing of a lawsuit against you for defamation..."
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order