Steven Tyler Still Waiting for Real Offer From 'American Idol' Bosses
Rock icon Steven Tyler has no idea whether he will be joining the judging panel on "American Idol" - because TV executives have yet to present him with an official contract. The Aerosmith frontman confirmed earlier this month that he was considering the job after being contacted by producers of the hit reality show to step in as a replacement for exiting judges Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres.
He said, "This beautiful girl from Fox (TV) came up to me and made an offer. I honored her offer... and it's just a work in progress. They mentioned it and I listened, and we're on tour, so I gotta give it some time."
But Tyler admits he is still waiting for a concrete offer - and it has to come with a big pay check. He tells TMZ.com, "You know, I don't know (if he's doing American Idol), they (producers) haven't called me yet. They got to lay out the bread (money) for me!"
The singer recently insisted he would be an ideal addition to the American Idol line-up because he's incredibly critical of his own Aerosmith bandmates. He said, "I'm very judgemental of the guys in the band. I know when to say, 'Don't bore us - get to the chorus!' and I think I'd bring credibility to that forum if I was asked to do it."
But Tyler isn't the only one waiting to hear from Fox network bosses - singer/songwriter Kara DioGuardi, who joined "American Idol" as a judge in 2008, has failed to get a response from TV executives about her job status amid reports she has been fired from the show. Her father Joe DioGuardi, a Republican U.S. Senate contender, reveals his daughter heard about the shock news from the tabloids - and she hasn't been contacted by "American Idol" producers since.
He says, "Would you believe she did not hear - and still has not heard - anything? She read it the way you did and I did. Her disappointment is that that's the way she's being treated and she feels that's not proper."
More American Idol News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video