DMX Pulled Over by Police Hours After Jail Release
Embattled rapper DMX fell foul of the law for a traffic violation on Thursday, August 12, just hours after he was released from jail for a reckless driving conviction from 2002. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, walked free from a Los Angeles incarceration center early on Thursday after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence.
But he found himself in trouble with police yet again when his car was pulled over while driving down Sunset Boulevard. He was stopped for a minor traffic infraction, but when officers asked to see identification, they learned he didn't even possess a valid driver's license, reports TMZ.com.
The rapper escaped another arrest and was instead cited for the violation and ordered to appear in court at a later date. His pal, who was in the passenger's seat, took over the wheel from DMX and drove them home.
The troubled star also served time behind bars in Arizona for an earlier parole violation charge, which saw him walk free after four months in July this year.
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'