DMX Pulled Over by Police Hours After Jail Release
Embattled rapper DMX fell foul of the law for a traffic violation on Thursday, August 12, just hours after he was released from jail for a reckless driving conviction from 2002. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, walked free from a Los Angeles incarceration center early on Thursday after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence.
But he found himself in trouble with police yet again when his car was pulled over while driving down Sunset Boulevard. He was stopped for a minor traffic infraction, but when officers asked to see identification, they learned he didn't even possess a valid driver's license, reports TMZ.com.
The rapper escaped another arrest and was instead cited for the violation and ordered to appear in court at a later date. His pal, who was in the passenger's seat, took over the wheel from DMX and drove them home.
The troubled star also served time behind bars in Arizona for an earlier parole violation charge, which saw him walk free after four months in July this year.
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?