DMX Pulled Over by Police Hours After Jail Release
Embattled rapper DMX fell foul of the law for a traffic violation on Thursday, August 12, just hours after he was released from jail for a reckless driving conviction from 2002. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, walked free from a Los Angeles incarceration center early on Thursday after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence.
But he found himself in trouble with police yet again when his car was pulled over while driving down Sunset Boulevard. He was stopped for a minor traffic infraction, but when officers asked to see identification, they learned he didn't even possess a valid driver's license, reports TMZ.com.
The rapper escaped another arrest and was instead cited for the violation and ordered to appear in court at a later date. His pal, who was in the passenger's seat, took over the wheel from DMX and drove them home.
The troubled star also served time behind bars in Arizona for an earlier parole violation charge, which saw him walk free after four months in July this year.
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos
- Drake's 'Views' Returns to No. 1 on Billboard 200 for 13th Week
- Idina Menzel Debuts Engagement Ring From Fiance Aaron Lohr at iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!