DMX Pulled Over by Police Hours After Jail Release
Embattled rapper DMX fell foul of the law for a traffic violation on Thursday, August 12, just hours after he was released from jail for a reckless driving conviction from 2002. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, walked free from a Los Angeles incarceration center early on Thursday after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence.
But he found himself in trouble with police yet again when his car was pulled over while driving down Sunset Boulevard. He was stopped for a minor traffic infraction, but when officers asked to see identification, they learned he didn't even possess a valid driver's license, reports TMZ.com.
The rapper escaped another arrest and was instead cited for the violation and ordered to appear in court at a later date. His pal, who was in the passenger's seat, took over the wheel from DMX and drove them home.
The troubled star also served time behind bars in Arizona for an earlier parole violation charge, which saw him walk free after four months in July this year.
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West