DMX Pulled Over by Police Hours After Jail Release
Embattled rapper DMX fell foul of the law for a traffic violation on Thursday, August 12, just hours after he was released from jail for a reckless driving conviction from 2002. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, walked free from a Los Angeles incarceration center early on Thursday after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence.
But he found himself in trouble with police yet again when his car was pulled over while driving down Sunset Boulevard. He was stopped for a minor traffic infraction, but when officers asked to see identification, they learned he didn't even possess a valid driver's license, reports TMZ.com.
The rapper escaped another arrest and was instead cited for the violation and ordered to appear in court at a later date. His pal, who was in the passenger's seat, took over the wheel from DMX and drove them home.
The troubled star also served time behind bars in Arizona for an earlier parole violation charge, which saw him walk free after four months in July this year.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!