Lindsay Lohan's Mother Defenses Herself Against Bad Parent Critics
Lindsay Lohan's mother has blasted allegations she did little to help her troubled daughter as her wild lifestyle began to spiral out of control, insisting she wanted the actress to attend rehab before her legal problems escalated. The "Mean Girls" star's hard-partying lifestyle ground to a halt this summer when she was sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating probation stemming from her 2007 DUI arrest.
She served just 13 days of the term and was subsequently admitted to a rehabilitation center in California to complete a court-ordered 90-day treatment program for her alleged prescription drug addiction. Her mum, Dina Lohan, has come under fire from critics for allowing her daughter to run wild in Hollywood - but she is adamant there was little she could do to stop the 24 year old from doing as she pleased.
And Dina insists she was the first to recognize her daughter needed help, encouraging her to check into rehab back in 2007. She says, "It's not true and propaganda. I was there in close proximity, but you can't make your child not go out and go to a club and get behind the wheel of a car. I don't condone any of that behavior and I offered her the first rehab, without a court order."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order