Lindsay Lohan's Mother Defenses Herself Against Bad Parent Critics
Lindsay Lohan's mother has blasted allegations she did little to help her troubled daughter as her wild lifestyle began to spiral out of control, insisting she wanted the actress to attend rehab before her legal problems escalated. The "Mean Girls" star's hard-partying lifestyle ground to a halt this summer when she was sentenced to 90 days in jail for violating probation stemming from her 2007 DUI arrest.
She served just 13 days of the term and was subsequently admitted to a rehabilitation center in California to complete a court-ordered 90-day treatment program for her alleged prescription drug addiction. Her mum, Dina Lohan, has come under fire from critics for allowing her daughter to run wild in Hollywood - but she is adamant there was little she could do to stop the 24 year old from doing as she pleased.
And Dina insists she was the first to recognize her daughter needed help, encouraging her to check into rehab back in 2007. She says, "It's not true and propaganda. I was there in close proximity, but you can't make your child not go out and go to a club and get behind the wheel of a car. I don't condone any of that behavior and I offered her the first rehab, without a court order."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'