Mark Wahlberg Retracts Decision to Retire at 40
Actor Mark Wahlberg regrets promising to quit Hollywood at 40, insisting he only made the retirement vow because he was feeling overworked. The "The Departed" star became known for his wild lifestyle after making the transition from rapping as Marky Mark to acting, and once declared he'd turn his back on his career when he reached the age milestone.
But Wahlberg, who is now a married father-of-four, admits he has since dismissed the idea, because he was too young to consider how much his life could change when he made the remark. The 39 year old tells U.S. tabloid Globe, "That was before I had four children! At the time I was working so hard, my whole life was about work. Now my priorities have shifted."
The singer turned actor recently announced his willingness to rap again if Justin Bieber asks him to do so. "If Justin Bieber asks me, I'll say yes. Only because my daughter loves him," he stated.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival