Mark Wahlberg Retracts Decision to Retire at 40
Actor Mark Wahlberg regrets promising to quit Hollywood at 40, insisting he only made the retirement vow because he was feeling overworked. The "The Departed" star became known for his wild lifestyle after making the transition from rapping as Marky Mark to acting, and once declared he'd turn his back on his career when he reached the age milestone.
But Wahlberg, who is now a married father-of-four, admits he has since dismissed the idea, because he was too young to consider how much his life could change when he made the remark. The 39 year old tells U.S. tabloid Globe, "That was before I had four children! At the time I was working so hard, my whole life was about work. Now my priorities have shifted."
The singer turned actor recently announced his willingness to rap again if Justin Bieber asks him to do so. "If Justin Bieber asks me, I'll say yes. Only because my daughter loves him," he stated.
More Mark Wahlberg News
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years