Justin Bieber Is First in Bizarre Concert Cancellations Poll
Teen sensation Justin Bieber has received an unlikely honor - he has topped a list of the most bizarre concert cancellations. The "Baby" hitmaker's show in Sydney, Australia in April was axed by police over safety fears when thousands of young fans descended on the area and hundreds became "distressed" amid frenzied scenes.
The incident saw off competition from British singer Morrissey - his decision to cancel an entire tour of Canada last year in protest at the country's seal hunting came second in the poll for men's magazine Esquire. Meat Loaf came third after he cut short a gig in Newcastle, England in 2007 due to "exhaustion" - then announced he was retiring from music immediately. The "Bat Out of Hell" hitmaker changed his mind a few days later and resumed his tour.
The top five was rounded out by The Brian Jonestown Massacre - who canceled a show when lead singer Anton Newcombe's girlfriend was heckled during a solo set - and Belgian duo Soulwax, who cut short a concert in Liverpool, England when the band began brawling with security staff.
More Justin Bieber News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off