Justin Bieber Is First in Bizarre Concert Cancellations Poll
Teen sensation Justin Bieber has received an unlikely honor - he has topped a list of the most bizarre concert cancellations. The "Baby" hitmaker's show in Sydney, Australia in April was axed by police over safety fears when thousands of young fans descended on the area and hundreds became "distressed" amid frenzied scenes.
The incident saw off competition from British singer Morrissey - his decision to cancel an entire tour of Canada last year in protest at the country's seal hunting came second in the poll for men's magazine Esquire. Meat Loaf came third after he cut short a gig in Newcastle, England in 2007 due to "exhaustion" - then announced he was retiring from music immediately. The "Bat Out of Hell" hitmaker changed his mind a few days later and resumed his tour.
The top five was rounded out by The Brian Jonestown Massacre - who canceled a show when lead singer Anton Newcombe's girlfriend was heckled during a solo set - and Belgian duo Soulwax, who cut short a concert in Liverpool, England when the band began brawling with security staff.
More Justin Bieber News
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant