Justin Bieber's 3D Movie Gets 'Step Up 3-D' Director
Justin Bieber's upcoming film is set to be a dancing extravaganza - the director of "Step Up 3-D" has reportedly signed up to work on the project. The movie memoir, which will document the "Baby" hitmaker's stellar rise to fame and also feature concert scenes, was thrown into turmoil earlier this month when Oscar-winning director Davis Guggenheim quit.
Paramount Pictures executives were said to be frantically searching for a replacement - and now "Step Up 3-D" director Jon M. Chu has officially been hired. He'll be working with Bieber's manager Scooter Braun, Island Def Jam chairman LA Reid, and the teen's mentor Usher on the 3D movie, which is due in theaters in February 2011.
On Twitter, Jon M. Chu wrote, "I'll be posting random updates and behind the scenes footage along the way. It's Official... I HAVE BIEBER FEVER." Later, he added, "We are gonna try to do a Lot if that to show the real story behind him becoming who he is today."
More Justin Bieber News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake