Justin Bieber's 3D Movie Gets 'Step Up 3-D' Director
Justin Bieber's upcoming film is set to be a dancing extravaganza - the director of "Step Up 3-D" has reportedly signed up to work on the project. The movie memoir, which will document the "Baby" hitmaker's stellar rise to fame and also feature concert scenes, was thrown into turmoil earlier this month when Oscar-winning director Davis Guggenheim quit.
Paramount Pictures executives were said to be frantically searching for a replacement - and now "Step Up 3-D" director Jon M. Chu has officially been hired. He'll be working with Bieber's manager Scooter Braun, Island Def Jam chairman LA Reid, and the teen's mentor Usher on the 3D movie, which is due in theaters in February 2011.
On Twitter, Jon M. Chu wrote, "I'll be posting random updates and behind the scenes footage along the way. It's Official... I HAVE BIEBER FEVER." Later, he added, "We are gonna try to do a Lot if that to show the real story behind him becoming who he is today."
More Justin Bieber News
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass