Justin Bieber's 3D Movie Gets 'Step Up 3-D' Director
Justin Bieber's upcoming film is set to be a dancing extravaganza - the director of "Step Up 3-D" has reportedly signed up to work on the project. The movie memoir, which will document the "Baby" hitmaker's stellar rise to fame and also feature concert scenes, was thrown into turmoil earlier this month when Oscar-winning director Davis Guggenheim quit.
Paramount Pictures executives were said to be frantically searching for a replacement - and now "Step Up 3-D" director Jon M. Chu has officially been hired. He'll be working with Bieber's manager Scooter Braun, Island Def Jam chairman LA Reid, and the teen's mentor Usher on the 3D movie, which is due in theaters in February 2011.
On Twitter, Jon M. Chu wrote, "I'll be posting random updates and behind the scenes footage along the way. It's Official... I HAVE BIEBER FEVER." Later, he added, "We are gonna try to do a Lot if that to show the real story behind him becoming who he is today."
More Justin Bieber News
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie