Justin Bieber's 3D Movie Gets 'Step Up 3-D' Director
Justin Bieber's upcoming film is set to be a dancing extravaganza - the director of "Step Up 3-D" has reportedly signed up to work on the project. The movie memoir, which will document the "Baby" hitmaker's stellar rise to fame and also feature concert scenes, was thrown into turmoil earlier this month when Oscar-winning director Davis Guggenheim quit.
Paramount Pictures executives were said to be frantically searching for a replacement - and now "Step Up 3-D" director Jon M. Chu has officially been hired. He'll be working with Bieber's manager Scooter Braun, Island Def Jam chairman LA Reid, and the teen's mentor Usher on the 3D movie, which is due in theaters in February 2011.
On Twitter, Jon M. Chu wrote, "I'll be posting random updates and behind the scenes footage along the way. It's Official... I HAVE BIEBER FEVER." Later, he added, "We are gonna try to do a Lot if that to show the real story behind him becoming who he is today."
More Justin Bieber News
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer