Justin Bieber's 3D Movie Gets 'Step Up 3-D' Director
Justin Bieber's upcoming film is set to be a dancing extravaganza - the director of "Step Up 3-D" has reportedly signed up to work on the project. The movie memoir, which will document the "Baby" hitmaker's stellar rise to fame and also feature concert scenes, was thrown into turmoil earlier this month when Oscar-winning director Davis Guggenheim quit.
Paramount Pictures executives were said to be frantically searching for a replacement - and now "Step Up 3-D" director Jon M. Chu has officially been hired. He'll be working with Bieber's manager Scooter Braun, Island Def Jam chairman LA Reid, and the teen's mentor Usher on the 3D movie, which is due in theaters in February 2011.
On Twitter, Jon M. Chu wrote, "I'll be posting random updates and behind the scenes footage along the way. It's Official... I HAVE BIEBER FEVER." Later, he added, "We are gonna try to do a Lot if that to show the real story behind him becoming who he is today."
More Justin Bieber News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama