Denzel Washington and Muhammad Ali Feted at Harold Pump Gala
Denzel Washington has been honored for his longstanding movie career at a glitzy ceremony in Los Angeles. The 55 year old has landed three Golden Globes and two Oscars since shooting to fame in the 1980s and he was lauded for his work at the Harold Pump Foundation Gala on Thursday night, August 12.
The annual event raises money for cancer care - and Washington was full of praise for the organization as he took to the stage to accept his award. He told the audience, "It's nice to be honored, that's great, but the point is to get people in here to raise money. My wife's father passed away from cancer, some can give money, some can give time, it's whatever you can give."
Boxing legend Muhammad Ali was also honored for his sporting career at the ceremony.
More Denzel Washington News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences