Denzel Washington and Muhammad Ali Feted at Harold Pump Gala
Denzel Washington has been honored for his longstanding movie career at a glitzy ceremony in Los Angeles. The 55 year old has landed three Golden Globes and two Oscars since shooting to fame in the 1980s and he was lauded for his work at the Harold Pump Foundation Gala on Thursday night, August 12.
The annual event raises money for cancer care - and Washington was full of praise for the organization as he took to the stage to accept his award. He told the audience, "It's nice to be honored, that's great, but the point is to get people in here to raise money. My wife's father passed away from cancer, some can give money, some can give time, it's whatever you can give."
Boxing legend Muhammad Ali was also honored for his sporting career at the ceremony.
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago