Denzel Washington and Muhammad Ali Feted at Harold Pump Gala
Denzel Washington has been honored for his longstanding movie career at a glitzy ceremony in Los Angeles. The 55 year old has landed three Golden Globes and two Oscars since shooting to fame in the 1980s and he was lauded for his work at the Harold Pump Foundation Gala on Thursday night, August 12.
The annual event raises money for cancer care - and Washington was full of praise for the organization as he took to the stage to accept his award. He told the audience, "It's nice to be honored, that's great, but the point is to get people in here to raise money. My wife's father passed away from cancer, some can give money, some can give time, it's whatever you can give."
Boxing legend Muhammad Ali was also honored for his sporting career at the ceremony.
More Denzel Washington News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video