Denzel Washington and Muhammad Ali Feted at Harold Pump Gala
Denzel Washington has been honored for his longstanding movie career at a glitzy ceremony in Los Angeles. The 55 year old has landed three Golden Globes and two Oscars since shooting to fame in the 1980s and he was lauded for his work at the Harold Pump Foundation Gala on Thursday night, August 12.
The annual event raises money for cancer care - and Washington was full of praise for the organization as he took to the stage to accept his award. He told the audience, "It's nice to be honored, that's great, but the point is to get people in here to raise money. My wife's father passed away from cancer, some can give money, some can give time, it's whatever you can give."
Boxing legend Muhammad Ali was also honored for his sporting career at the ceremony.
More Denzel Washington News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?