DMX Released From Prison After Only 18 Days
Rapper DMX has walked out of jail after serving time in connection to a reckless driving conviction in 2002. DMX, real name Earl Simmons, was released in Los Angeles on Thursday, August 12 after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence, reports TMZ.com.
He surrendered to authorities in July, returning to prison barely four weeks after he was released following a four-month stint behind bars on a separate parole violation charge. The star vowed to use his time inside to make steps toward "rebuilding his image and rapport with the community and his loyal fans", according to his attorney.
Back in 2009, DMX was also sent into prison after charged for drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008, but he was released in May the same year.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie