DMX Released From Prison After Only 18 Days
Rapper DMX has walked out of jail after serving time in connection to a reckless driving conviction in 2002. DMX, real name Earl Simmons, was released in Los Angeles on Thursday, August 12 after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence, reports TMZ.com.
He surrendered to authorities in July, returning to prison barely four weeks after he was released following a four-month stint behind bars on a separate parole violation charge. The star vowed to use his time inside to make steps toward "rebuilding his image and rapport with the community and his loyal fans", according to his attorney.
Back in 2009, DMX was also sent into prison after charged for drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008, but he was released in May the same year.
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!