DMX Released From Prison After Only 18 Days
Rapper DMX has walked out of jail after serving time in connection to a reckless driving conviction in 2002. DMX, real name Earl Simmons, was released in Los Angeles on Thursday, August 12 after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence, reports TMZ.com.
He surrendered to authorities in July, returning to prison barely four weeks after he was released following a four-month stint behind bars on a separate parole violation charge. The star vowed to use his time inside to make steps toward "rebuilding his image and rapport with the community and his loyal fans", according to his attorney.
Back in 2009, DMX was also sent into prison after charged for drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008, but he was released in May the same year.
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years
- Rihanna Asks for Help to Find Her Missing Backup Dancer Shirlene Quigley
- Report: Britney Spears Is Filming 'Slumber Party' Music Video
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack