DMX Released From Prison After Only 18 Days
Rapper DMX has walked out of jail after serving time in connection to a reckless driving conviction in 2002. DMX, real name Earl Simmons, was released in Los Angeles on Thursday, August 12 after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence, reports TMZ.com.
He surrendered to authorities in July, returning to prison barely four weeks after he was released following a four-month stint behind bars on a separate parole violation charge. The star vowed to use his time inside to make steps toward "rebuilding his image and rapport with the community and his loyal fans", according to his attorney.
Back in 2009, DMX was also sent into prison after charged for drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008, but he was released in May the same year.
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama