DMX Released From Prison After Only 18 Days
Rapper DMX has walked out of jail after serving time in connection to a reckless driving conviction in 2002. DMX, real name Earl Simmons, was released in Los Angeles on Thursday, August 12 after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence, reports TMZ.com.
He surrendered to authorities in July, returning to prison barely four weeks after he was released following a four-month stint behind bars on a separate parole violation charge. The star vowed to use his time inside to make steps toward "rebuilding his image and rapport with the community and his loyal fans", according to his attorney.
Back in 2009, DMX was also sent into prison after charged for drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008, but he was released in May the same year.
More DMX News
- Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing Identified, His Brother Arrested by Police
- Ashley Tisdale and Lucas Grabeel Reunite to Cover Classic 'High School Musical' Song
- Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
- Hailey Baldwin Goes Braless for Maxim as She's Dubbed the World's Sexiest Woman
- 'The Voice' Live Finale Part 2: And the Winner of Season 12 Is....
- Kim Kardashian Faces Backlash Over Insensitive Tribute to Manchester Attack Victims
- Future Enlists Kendrick Lamar on 'Mask Off' Remix - Listen
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown