DMX Released From Prison After Only 18 Days
Rapper DMX has walked out of jail after serving time in connection to a reckless driving conviction in 2002. DMX, real name Earl Simmons, was released in Los Angeles on Thursday, August 12 after completing 18 days of a 90-day sentence, reports TMZ.com.
He surrendered to authorities in July, returning to prison barely four weeks after he was released following a four-month stint behind bars on a separate parole violation charge. The star vowed to use his time inside to make steps toward "rebuilding his image and rapport with the community and his loyal fans", according to his attorney.
Back in 2009, DMX was also sent into prison after charged for drug possession, animal cruelty and theft, stemming from various arrests in 2008, but he was released in May the same year.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythms' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle