David Guetta Won't Abide to Label's Request
French DJ David Guetta is fighting with executives at his record label over their plans to place him in a band. The Grammy winner has found global fame with his catchy dance music, and shot to the top of the charts collaborating with artists including Madonna, Akon and Kelly Rowland.
Despite his success, record label bosses are still trying to convince him to recruit a band he can play live with at his concerts - but he insists he'll always be a solo act. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "My record company has been suggesting I play with a band for years, but that's not me. I refuse. I'm a DJ. I've been fighting to say DJs can be real artists for 20 years."
"Now that I'm successful I'm not going to stop being a DJ so that I can turn into a pop star. I'm happy there is a DJ crossing over like I am and I hope it opens doors. But for me it's not about changing the way I perform or to change my life."
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz