David Guetta Won't Abide to Label's Request
French DJ David Guetta is fighting with executives at his record label over their plans to place him in a band. The Grammy winner has found global fame with his catchy dance music, and shot to the top of the charts collaborating with artists including Madonna, Akon and Kelly Rowland.
Despite his success, record label bosses are still trying to convince him to recruit a band he can play live with at his concerts - but he insists he'll always be a solo act. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "My record company has been suggesting I play with a band for years, but that's not me. I refuse. I'm a DJ. I've been fighting to say DJs can be real artists for 20 years."
"Now that I'm successful I'm not going to stop being a DJ so that I can turn into a pop star. I'm happy there is a DJ crossing over like I am and I hope it opens doors. But for me it's not about changing the way I perform or to change my life."
More David Guetta News
- Chrissy Teigen Naked in Bed in New Photos
- 'The Flash' Showrunner Promises Season 4 Will Be Fun and Less Dour
- Kourtney Kardashian Shacking Up With Younes Bendjima
- Nicolas Cage's Photo in Kazakhstani Garb Sparks Hilarious Memes on Twitter
- James Franco Unleashes Something Evil in 'The Vault' Trailer
- Tom Holland Wants to Date 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Co-Star Marisa Tomei
- Sara Sampaio Shares Topless Pic From Her Vacation in Mexico
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots