David Guetta Won't Abide to Label's Request
French DJ David Guetta is fighting with executives at his record label over their plans to place him in a band. The Grammy winner has found global fame with his catchy dance music, and shot to the top of the charts collaborating with artists including Madonna, Akon and Kelly Rowland.
Despite his success, record label bosses are still trying to convince him to recruit a band he can play live with at his concerts - but he insists he'll always be a solo act. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "My record company has been suggesting I play with a band for years, but that's not me. I refuse. I'm a DJ. I've been fighting to say DJs can be real artists for 20 years."
"Now that I'm successful I'm not going to stop being a DJ so that I can turn into a pop star. I'm happy there is a DJ crossing over like I am and I hope it opens doors. But for me it's not about changing the way I perform or to change my life."
More David Guetta News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory