David Guetta Won't Abide to Label's Request
French DJ David Guetta is fighting with executives at his record label over their plans to place him in a band. The Grammy winner has found global fame with his catchy dance music, and shot to the top of the charts collaborating with artists including Madonna, Akon and Kelly Rowland.
Despite his success, record label bosses are still trying to convince him to recruit a band he can play live with at his concerts - but he insists he'll always be a solo act. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "My record company has been suggesting I play with a band for years, but that's not me. I refuse. I'm a DJ. I've been fighting to say DJs can be real artists for 20 years."
"Now that I'm successful I'm not going to stop being a DJ so that I can turn into a pop star. I'm happy there is a DJ crossing over like I am and I hope it opens doors. But for me it's not about changing the way I perform or to change my life."
More David Guetta News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'