David Guetta Won't Abide to Label's Request
French DJ David Guetta is fighting with executives at his record label over their plans to place him in a band. The Grammy winner has found global fame with his catchy dance music, and shot to the top of the charts collaborating with artists including Madonna, Akon and Kelly Rowland.
Despite his success, record label bosses are still trying to convince him to recruit a band he can play live with at his concerts - but he insists he'll always be a solo act. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "My record company has been suggesting I play with a band for years, but that's not me. I refuse. I'm a DJ. I've been fighting to say DJs can be real artists for 20 years."
"Now that I'm successful I'm not going to stop being a DJ so that I can turn into a pop star. I'm happy there is a DJ crossing over like I am and I hope it opens doors. But for me it's not about changing the way I perform or to change my life."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season