John Belushi Brought Back to Life in Biopic
Comedian John Belushi is coming back from the dead - the late star's life will be documented in a new biopic by "The Hangover" director Todd Phillips. Studio executives at Warner Bros. recently acquired the film rights from Belushi's estate and have hired Phillips to work on his life story with "The Pursuit of Happyness" screenwriter Steven Conrad.
Phillips will produce the picture, while a director has yet to be appointed, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The actor's widow, Judith Belushi Pisano, will serve as executive producer. Belushi died from a drug overdose in 1982, at the age of 33.
He has previously been the focus of another biopic, 1989's "Wired", which was based on the 1985 book "Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi". The film, featuring "Fantastic Four" star Michael Chiklis, did not receive the backing of the actor's estate and bombed at the box office upon its release.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna