John Belushi Brought Back to Life in Biopic
Comedian John Belushi is coming back from the dead - the late star's life will be documented in a new biopic by "The Hangover" director Todd Phillips. Studio executives at Warner Bros. recently acquired the film rights from Belushi's estate and have hired Phillips to work on his life story with "The Pursuit of Happyness" screenwriter Steven Conrad.
Phillips will produce the picture, while a director has yet to be appointed, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The actor's widow, Judith Belushi Pisano, will serve as executive producer. Belushi died from a drug overdose in 1982, at the age of 33.
He has previously been the focus of another biopic, 1989's "Wired", which was based on the 1985 book "Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi". The film, featuring "Fantastic Four" star Michael Chiklis, did not receive the backing of the actor's estate and bombed at the box office upon its release.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'