John Belushi Brought Back to Life in Biopic
Comedian John Belushi is coming back from the dead - the late star's life will be documented in a new biopic by "The Hangover" director Todd Phillips. Studio executives at Warner Bros. recently acquired the film rights from Belushi's estate and have hired Phillips to work on his life story with "The Pursuit of Happyness" screenwriter Steven Conrad.
Phillips will produce the picture, while a director has yet to be appointed, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The actor's widow, Judith Belushi Pisano, will serve as executive producer. Belushi died from a drug overdose in 1982, at the age of 33.
He has previously been the focus of another biopic, 1989's "Wired", which was based on the 1985 book "Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi". The film, featuring "Fantastic Four" star Michael Chiklis, did not receive the backing of the actor's estate and bombed at the box office upon its release.
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift