John Belushi Brought Back to Life in Biopic
Comedian John Belushi is coming back from the dead - the late star's life will be documented in a new biopic by "The Hangover" director Todd Phillips. Studio executives at Warner Bros. recently acquired the film rights from Belushi's estate and have hired Phillips to work on his life story with "The Pursuit of Happyness" screenwriter Steven Conrad.
Phillips will produce the picture, while a director has yet to be appointed, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The actor's widow, Judith Belushi Pisano, will serve as executive producer. Belushi died from a drug overdose in 1982, at the age of 33.
He has previously been the focus of another biopic, 1989's "Wired", which was based on the 1985 book "Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi". The film, featuring "Fantastic Four" star Michael Chiklis, did not receive the backing of the actor's estate and bombed at the box office upon its release.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny