'Glee' Broadway Musical in Pipeline, Audition Has Begun
"Glee" creator Ryan Murphy has confirmed plans to turn the hit U.S. show into a Broadway musical - and he's already holding auditions. Bosses at Music Theatre Intl. announced in March they were in "negotiations" to turn the popular singing and dancing program into a New York stage production.
But 20th Century Fox representative Chris Alexander moved quickly to slam the claims, insisting he was "mystified" about the rumored talks. Now Murphy has ended speculation by announcing a stage show is in the pipeline, telling the New York Daily News the musical is "definitely" happening. He adds, "I'm auditioning people now."
"Glee" is a one-hour series which follows an optimistic high school teacher as he tries to transform the school's Glee Club and inspire a group of ragtag performers to make it to the biggest competition of them all: Nationals. It stars Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele, Mark Salling and more.
- Tarek and Christina El Moussa 'Desperately Trying' to Stay in the Limelight by Eying Solo Shows
- Kylie Jenner Goes Makeup Free During a Day Out With Tyga
- Listen to Lana Del Rey's Long-Awaited Dreamy Song 'Love'
- Liam Payne Is Doing Home Renovation Before Cheryl Gives Birth
- Britney Spears Bares Her Naked Body in NSFW Instagram Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.11 Sneak Peeks: What Happens to Dwight After Daryl's Escape?
- Madonna's New Twins Singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' Are Just Too Cute
- Report: Louis Tomlinson Rekindles Romance With Eleanor Calder Two Years After Split