Kanye West Explains Why He Rejoins Twitter
Kanye West turned to Twitter.com to connect with his fans after tiring of reporters misinterpreting his jokes in print and online interviews. The "Stronger" rapper began tweeting last month and he is rapidly building up his army of followers, with almost 600,000 devotees reading his every update within two weeks of joining the social networking site.
And West admits he logged on to post his own comments because he was sick of having his words twisted in the press. In an interview with New York radio DJ Angie Martinez, he says, "I got to the point where I didn't even wanna do interviews anymore because I would have the interview and we'd be laughing, me and the reporter, and that's funny, and then you read it and they completely just demolished all of my jokes, they just set 'em up wrong."
"I couldn't communicate and now I can communicate just in a sound bite and give people a glimpse of everything, it's good."
More Kanye West News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4