Kanye West Explains Why He Rejoins Twitter
Kanye West turned to Twitter.com to connect with his fans after tiring of reporters misinterpreting his jokes in print and online interviews. The "Stronger" rapper began tweeting last month and he is rapidly building up his army of followers, with almost 600,000 devotees reading his every update within two weeks of joining the social networking site.
And West admits he logged on to post his own comments because he was sick of having his words twisted in the press. In an interview with New York radio DJ Angie Martinez, he says, "I got to the point where I didn't even wanna do interviews anymore because I would have the interview and we'd be laughing, me and the reporter, and that's funny, and then you read it and they completely just demolished all of my jokes, they just set 'em up wrong."
"I couldn't communicate and now I can communicate just in a sound bite and give people a glimpse of everything, it's good."
More Kanye West News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest