Foxy Brown Questioned Over Two Altercations
Rapper Foxy Brown faced a grand jury in New York on Wednesday, August 11 to answer questions about her involvement in two recent altercations. The "Candy" star, real name Inga Marchand, was arrested and charged with public lewdness and harassment following an incident with her neighbor, Arlene Raymond, outside her Brooklyn home last month.
Raymond alleged Brown violated a court order she had against the star by arguing with her before reportedly baring her bottom - claims Brown has denied. But the rapper hit the headlines just days later when police were called to an apartment building in Manhattan following reports she had become embroiled in a fight in the lobby of the venue.
Brown subsequently played down the rumors, insisting the altercation between the star, her manager, Bernadette Brennan, and her friend Veronica Pereira was just a "heated exchange between friends". Her lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, backed up her version of events, adding, "Foxy was not the aggressor, it was just a spat between a manager and a client."
She was called testify before a grand jury in Brooklyn Supreme Court on Wednesday morning to answer prosecutors' queries regarding the two incidents as part of her ongoing case, reports the New York Post.
In her arraignment hearing last month, Brown pleaded not guilty to the two charges, as well as another count of criminal contempt. If convicted, she faces up to seven years behind bars.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage