Foxy Brown Questioned Over Two Altercations
Rapper Foxy Brown faced a grand jury in New York on Wednesday, August 11 to answer questions about her involvement in two recent altercations. The "Candy" star, real name Inga Marchand, was arrested and charged with public lewdness and harassment following an incident with her neighbor, Arlene Raymond, outside her Brooklyn home last month.
Raymond alleged Brown violated a court order she had against the star by arguing with her before reportedly baring her bottom - claims Brown has denied. But the rapper hit the headlines just days later when police were called to an apartment building in Manhattan following reports she had become embroiled in a fight in the lobby of the venue.
Brown subsequently played down the rumors, insisting the altercation between the star, her manager, Bernadette Brennan, and her friend Veronica Pereira was just a "heated exchange between friends". Her lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, backed up her version of events, adding, "Foxy was not the aggressor, it was just a spat between a manager and a client."
She was called testify before a grand jury in Brooklyn Supreme Court on Wednesday morning to answer prosecutors' queries regarding the two incidents as part of her ongoing case, reports the New York Post.
In her arraignment hearing last month, Brown pleaded not guilty to the two charges, as well as another count of criminal contempt. If convicted, she faces up to seven years behind bars.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake