Foxy Brown Questioned Over Two Altercations
Rapper Foxy Brown faced a grand jury in New York on Wednesday, August 11 to answer questions about her involvement in two recent altercations. The "Candy" star, real name Inga Marchand, was arrested and charged with public lewdness and harassment following an incident with her neighbor, Arlene Raymond, outside her Brooklyn home last month.
Raymond alleged Brown violated a court order she had against the star by arguing with her before reportedly baring her bottom - claims Brown has denied. But the rapper hit the headlines just days later when police were called to an apartment building in Manhattan following reports she had become embroiled in a fight in the lobby of the venue.
Brown subsequently played down the rumors, insisting the altercation between the star, her manager, Bernadette Brennan, and her friend Veronica Pereira was just a "heated exchange between friends". Her lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, backed up her version of events, adding, "Foxy was not the aggressor, it was just a spat between a manager and a client."
She was called testify before a grand jury in Brooklyn Supreme Court on Wednesday morning to answer prosecutors' queries regarding the two incidents as part of her ongoing case, reports the New York Post.
In her arraignment hearing last month, Brown pleaded not guilty to the two charges, as well as another count of criminal contempt. If convicted, she faces up to seven years behind bars.
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek
- Danielle Panabaker and Hayes Robbins Tie the Knot - See the Pic
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring