British Prime Minister Gets Surprise Visit From Whoopi Goldberg
Whoopi Goldberg gave Britain's Prime Minister a surprise on Wednesday, August 11 after unexpectedly showing up at his home for a morning visit. The actress is currently in London to perform in a stage version of her 1992 comedy "Sister Act" and, after making her West End debut on Tuesday, August 10, she spent the following day taking in the capital's sights.
Goldberg then gave U.K. leader David Cameron a shock after showing up at his residence at 10 Downing Street to chat about politics. Cameron obliged and even took the star on a tour, showing her a portrait of one of her favorite political figures, former British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli.
Goldberg tells Sky News, "This is something you dream about when you see it and you hear about 10 Downing. But to go in was quite spectacular. I said, 'Is there anything of Disraeli here?' and he (Cameron) was like, 'Come on!' So I got a tour. It was really great, really nice."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'