British Prime Minister Gets Surprise Visit From Whoopi Goldberg
Whoopi Goldberg gave Britain's Prime Minister a surprise on Wednesday, August 11 after unexpectedly showing up at his home for a morning visit. The actress is currently in London to perform in a stage version of her 1992 comedy "Sister Act" and, after making her West End debut on Tuesday, August 10, she spent the following day taking in the capital's sights.
Goldberg then gave U.K. leader David Cameron a shock after showing up at his residence at 10 Downing Street to chat about politics. Cameron obliged and even took the star on a tour, showing her a portrait of one of her favorite political figures, former British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli.
Goldberg tells Sky News, "This is something you dream about when you see it and you hear about 10 Downing. But to go in was quite spectacular. I said, 'Is there anything of Disraeli here?' and he (Cameron) was like, 'Come on!' So I got a tour. It was really great, really nice."
More Whoopi Goldberg News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences