British Prime Minister Gets Surprise Visit From Whoopi Goldberg
Whoopi Goldberg gave Britain's Prime Minister a surprise on Wednesday, August 11 after unexpectedly showing up at his home for a morning visit. The actress is currently in London to perform in a stage version of her 1992 comedy "Sister Act" and, after making her West End debut on Tuesday, August 10, she spent the following day taking in the capital's sights.
Goldberg then gave U.K. leader David Cameron a shock after showing up at his residence at 10 Downing Street to chat about politics. Cameron obliged and even took the star on a tour, showing her a portrait of one of her favorite political figures, former British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli.
Goldberg tells Sky News, "This is something you dream about when you see it and you hear about 10 Downing. But to go in was quite spectacular. I said, 'Is there anything of Disraeli here?' and he (Cameron) was like, 'Come on!' So I got a tour. It was really great, really nice."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie