Ex-Wife Decides to Wipe Burt Reynolds' Child Support Debt
Burt Reynolds has been given a reprieve from his ex-wife Loni Anderson as he continues to recover from heart surgery - she's waived the $400,000 he owes her in back child support, according to a U.S. tabloid report. The "Deliverance" star was ordered to pay actress Anderson $4,000-a-month to help raise their adopted son Quinton when they divorced in 1993 after five years of marriage.
But Reynolds allegedly failed to keep on top of his financial responsibilities and would send his ex a cheque every few months. According to the National Enquirer, he has now racked up a debt of $400,000 with Anderson but she has decided to write off the amount following his recent health struggles.
The actor underwent major heart surgery earlier this year after he was diagnosed with clogged arteries, months after completing a stint in rehab for alleged addictions to prescription drugs and alcohol. And Anderson, who has since wed her high school sweetheart, folk singer Bob Flick, is said to have wiped the debt out of sympathy for the star.
She has reportedly told pals, "I feel sorry for Burt. I'm not going to pursue it anymore. I don't want to call him a deadbeat bad on top of all his other troubles. I almost feel guilty for being so happy, and with Burt so vulnerable I don't want to end up looking like the bad guy."
A source adds, "Loni could use the money Burt owes her. She isn't working much, but she's decided not to go after him any longer." The former couple's son, aspiring DJ Quinton, is now 21 and studies at a technical school in California.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction