Nelly Tapped as DJ for Local Radio
Rapper Nelly is taking over the airwaves in his native St. Louis, Missouri - he's landed a job as a DJ of own radio show. The "Hot in Herre" hitmaker has joined the line-up at Hot 104.1 FM as a temporary replacement for afternoon presenter Staci Static, who is on maternity leave.
Program director Mickey Johnson reveals Nelly will play music and interview fellow stars for the station's 3-7 P.M. slot for the next month.
Before adding radio DJ to his resume, Nelly has tried to do acting. He starred in 2001 "Snipes" and 2005 "The Longest Yard" starring Adam Sandler and Chris Rock. Though he stated that he is reluctant to continue his acting career, the musician later appeared in episodes of TV series "CSI: NY".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences