Nelly Tapped as DJ for Local Radio
Rapper Nelly is taking over the airwaves in his native St. Louis, Missouri - he's landed a job as a DJ of own radio show. The "Hot in Herre" hitmaker has joined the line-up at Hot 104.1 FM as a temporary replacement for afternoon presenter Staci Static, who is on maternity leave.
Program director Mickey Johnson reveals Nelly will play music and interview fellow stars for the station's 3-7 P.M. slot for the next month.
Before adding radio DJ to his resume, Nelly has tried to do acting. He starred in 2001 "Snipes" and 2005 "The Longest Yard" starring Adam Sandler and Chris Rock. Though he stated that he is reluctant to continue his acting career, the musician later appeared in episodes of TV series "CSI: NY".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance