Nelly Tapped as DJ for Local Radio
Rapper Nelly is taking over the airwaves in his native St. Louis, Missouri - he's landed a job as a DJ of own radio show. The "Hot in Herre" hitmaker has joined the line-up at Hot 104.1 FM as a temporary replacement for afternoon presenter Staci Static, who is on maternity leave.
Program director Mickey Johnson reveals Nelly will play music and interview fellow stars for the station's 3-7 P.M. slot for the next month.
Before adding radio DJ to his resume, Nelly has tried to do acting. He starred in 2001 "Snipes" and 2005 "The Longest Yard" starring Adam Sandler and Chris Rock. Though he stated that he is reluctant to continue his acting career, the musician later appeared in episodes of TV series "CSI: NY".
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her