Jennifer Lopez Out of 'American Idol' Judge Contention
Jennifer Lopez is no longer in consideration to join the judging panel on reality TV show "American Idol" due to her escalating demands, according to new reports. The singer/actress was named alongside Aerosmith rocker Steven Tyler as possible replacements for exiting judges Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell.
But talks have now broken down between Lopez and Fox network executives and she has been dropped from plans for the upcoming 10th season, reports People.com. A source says, "Her demands got out of hand. Fox had just had enough."
Tyler, who has confirmed he has met with TV bosses, has emerged as a strong contender to sit on the panel with existing judge Randy Jackson, while the rest of the line-up remains a mystery.
More American Idol News
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope