Jennifer Lopez Out of 'American Idol' Judge Contention
Jennifer Lopez is no longer in consideration to join the judging panel on reality TV show "American Idol" due to her escalating demands, according to new reports. The singer/actress was named alongside Aerosmith rocker Steven Tyler as possible replacements for exiting judges Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell.
But talks have now broken down between Lopez and Fox network executives and she has been dropped from plans for the upcoming 10th season, reports People.com. A source says, "Her demands got out of hand. Fox had just had enough."
Tyler, who has confirmed he has met with TV bosses, has emerged as a strong contender to sit on the panel with existing judge Randy Jackson, while the rest of the line-up remains a mystery.
More American Idol News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy