Neil Patrick Harris Adds Emmy Nom at Last Minutes
Neil Patrick Harris has landed a last-minute Emmy nod for hosting the 2009 Tony Awards broadcast, after TV Academy bosses acknowledged an error in their nomination process. When the list of 2010 Emmy nominees was announced on July 8, Harris was named in the categories for Best Supporting Comedy Actor for "How I Met Your Mother" and Best Guest Comedy Actor for hit U.S. TV musical "Glee".
But executives at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences noticed this week that Harris' name was missing from the list of contenders for the 2009 Tony Awards broadcast, which he presented. The actor, who also hosted the Emmys last year, has now been added to the existing nominations list alongside Tony show producers Glenn Weiss and Ricky Kirshner in the Outstanding Special Class Program category.
The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be handed out on August 29, 2010 at a ceremony in Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre, presented by comedian Jimmy Fallon.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years