Neil Patrick Harris Adds Emmy Nom at Last Minutes
Neil Patrick Harris has landed a last-minute Emmy nod for hosting the 2009 Tony Awards broadcast, after TV Academy bosses acknowledged an error in their nomination process. When the list of 2010 Emmy nominees was announced on July 8, Harris was named in the categories for Best Supporting Comedy Actor for "How I Met Your Mother" and Best Guest Comedy Actor for hit U.S. TV musical "Glee".
But executives at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences noticed this week that Harris' name was missing from the list of contenders for the 2009 Tony Awards broadcast, which he presented. The actor, who also hosted the Emmys last year, has now been added to the existing nominations list alongside Tony show producers Glenn Weiss and Ricky Kirshner in the Outstanding Special Class Program category.
The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be handed out on August 29, 2010 at a ceremony in Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre, presented by comedian Jimmy Fallon.
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women
- 'Castle Rock' Finds Its Female Lead in Melanie Lynskey
- Kendra Wilkinson Admits to Doing 'FaceTime Sex' With Husband Hank When in Long-Distance Relationship
- 'Big Brother' Season 19 Premiere: Biggest Twist Gets a Houseguest Evicted
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Enjoy Vacation in the Bahamas Amid Divorce
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach