Neil Patrick Harris Adds Emmy Nom at Last Minutes
Neil Patrick Harris has landed a last-minute Emmy nod for hosting the 2009 Tony Awards broadcast, after TV Academy bosses acknowledged an error in their nomination process. When the list of 2010 Emmy nominees was announced on July 8, Harris was named in the categories for Best Supporting Comedy Actor for "How I Met Your Mother" and Best Guest Comedy Actor for hit U.S. TV musical "Glee".
But executives at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences noticed this week that Harris' name was missing from the list of contenders for the 2009 Tony Awards broadcast, which he presented. The actor, who also hosted the Emmys last year, has now been added to the existing nominations list alongside Tony show producers Glenn Weiss and Ricky Kirshner in the Outstanding Special Class Program category.
The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be handed out on August 29, 2010 at a ceremony in Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre, presented by comedian Jimmy Fallon.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie