Neil Patrick Harris Adds Emmy Nom at Last Minutes
Neil Patrick Harris has landed a last-minute Emmy nod for hosting the 2009 Tony Awards broadcast, after TV Academy bosses acknowledged an error in their nomination process. When the list of 2010 Emmy nominees was announced on July 8, Harris was named in the categories for Best Supporting Comedy Actor for "How I Met Your Mother" and Best Guest Comedy Actor for hit U.S. TV musical "Glee".
But executives at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences noticed this week that Harris' name was missing from the list of contenders for the 2009 Tony Awards broadcast, which he presented. The actor, who also hosted the Emmys last year, has now been added to the existing nominations list alongside Tony show producers Glenn Weiss and Ricky Kirshner in the Outstanding Special Class Program category.
The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be handed out on August 29, 2010 at a ceremony in Los Angeles' Nokia Theatre, presented by comedian Jimmy Fallon.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner