Judge Marsha Revel Replaced in Lindsay Lohan Case
The judge who handed Lindsay Lohan a 90-day jail sentence has removed herself from the case amid allegations she improperly contacted "participants and experts" involved.
Judge Marsha Revel has been overseeing the "Mean Girls" star's legal battle, and sentenced her to almost three months in prison for violating her probation relating to a 2007 DUI arrest earlier this year. The judge has since been accused of contacting staff at a rehabilitation clinic without first notifying Lohan's lawyers - and she voluntarily removed herself from the case on Friday, August 6 after prosecutor Danette Meyers objected to the move, according to TMZ.com.
Lohan is currently undergoing rehab at a different center in California. Judge Elden Fox has now taken over the actress' case.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik