Judge Marsha Revel Replaced in Lindsay Lohan Case
The judge who handed Lindsay Lohan a 90-day jail sentence has removed herself from the case amid allegations she improperly contacted "participants and experts" involved.
Judge Marsha Revel has been overseeing the "Mean Girls" star's legal battle, and sentenced her to almost three months in prison for violating her probation relating to a 2007 DUI arrest earlier this year. The judge has since been accused of contacting staff at a rehabilitation clinic without first notifying Lohan's lawyers - and she voluntarily removed herself from the case on Friday, August 6 after prosecutor Danette Meyers objected to the move, according to TMZ.com.
Lohan is currently undergoing rehab at a different center in California. Judge Elden Fox has now taken over the actress' case.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny