Judge Marsha Revel Replaced in Lindsay Lohan Case
The judge who handed Lindsay Lohan a 90-day jail sentence has removed herself from the case amid allegations she improperly contacted "participants and experts" involved.
Judge Marsha Revel has been overseeing the "Mean Girls" star's legal battle, and sentenced her to almost three months in prison for violating her probation relating to a 2007 DUI arrest earlier this year. The judge has since been accused of contacting staff at a rehabilitation clinic without first notifying Lohan's lawyers - and she voluntarily removed herself from the case on Friday, August 6 after prosecutor Danette Meyers objected to the move, according to TMZ.com.
Lohan is currently undergoing rehab at a different center in California. Judge Elden Fox has now taken over the actress' case.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival