Judge Marsha Revel Replaced in Lindsay Lohan Case
The judge who handed Lindsay Lohan a 90-day jail sentence has removed herself from the case amid allegations she improperly contacted "participants and experts" involved.
Judge Marsha Revel has been overseeing the "Mean Girls" star's legal battle, and sentenced her to almost three months in prison for violating her probation relating to a 2007 DUI arrest earlier this year. The judge has since been accused of contacting staff at a rehabilitation clinic without first notifying Lohan's lawyers - and she voluntarily removed herself from the case on Friday, August 6 after prosecutor Danette Meyers objected to the move, according to TMZ.com.
Lohan is currently undergoing rehab at a different center in California. Judge Elden Fox has now taken over the actress' case.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous