Judge Marsha Revel Replaced in Lindsay Lohan Case
The judge who handed Lindsay Lohan a 90-day jail sentence has removed herself from the case amid allegations she improperly contacted "participants and experts" involved.
Judge Marsha Revel has been overseeing the "Mean Girls" star's legal battle, and sentenced her to almost three months in prison for violating her probation relating to a 2007 DUI arrest earlier this year. The judge has since been accused of contacting staff at a rehabilitation clinic without first notifying Lohan's lawyers - and she voluntarily removed herself from the case on Friday, August 6 after prosecutor Danette Meyers objected to the move, according to TMZ.com.
Lohan is currently undergoing rehab at a different center in California. Judge Elden Fox has now taken over the actress' case.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'