Anastacia No Longer Ashamed of Scar
Pop star Anastacia was too embarrassed to show off her scar from surgery for Crohn's disease until she turned 30, when she realized the mark was a sign of her survival. The "I'm Outta Love" singer was diagnosed with the illness - a severe inflammatory bowel disease - when she was just 13 years old, and had to undergo an emergency operation to remove an obstruction in her digestive system.
The surgery left her with a visible scar on her stomach, and Anastacia admits she was ashamed of anyone spotting the mark - but now she sees it as a badge of honor. She tells Britain's Hello magazine, "I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, an inflammatory condition of the bowel."
"I found a lump in my abdomen and that's when doctors discovered I had Crohn's. I have a four-inch scar on my tummy where surgeons removed this mass from inside. I used to be ashamed of this scar but by the time I was 30 I didn't mind flashing my belly. To me the scar is like a war wound - it proves I survived."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?