Boy George Slams Lady GaGa for Telling Fans About Her 'Occasional' Coke Use
Boy George fears Lady GaGa may be struggling with her "occasional" drug habit, after the star confessed she uses cocaine a "couple of times a year". The "Poker Face" hitmaker recently opened up about her battle with drug addiction when she was struggling to make it as a singer in New York, and went on to reveal she still sporadically dabbles with coke.
She told Rolling Stone magazine, "I won't lie; it's occasional. And when I say occasional, I mean maybe a couple of times a year." But George - who was hooked on heroin at the height of his Culture Club fame - has hit back at the singer's comments, insisting it's highly "dangerous" to use drugs, and fears GaGa maybe losing her "grip".
He writes on his blog, "If Lady GaGa were about to be exposed as a drug user I would understand her recent confession... that she is an 'occasional' coke sniffer. But why offer up this information on a whim? Could it be that her use of coke is not so 'occasional?' As a recovering addict who knows how dangerous 'occasional' use is, I can think of no reason for GaGa to reveal this to her young audience."
"My mum had the best take on this: 'She's reached the stage where she feels untouchable, you all get there - you did, son.' I can't argue with that! One has to wonder how much of a grip Gaga has on things. Up until now she has seemed almost annoyingly professional and focused and this seems out of character! Isn't saying you're an 'occasional' drug taker a bit like saying you're bisexual? That usually means you're raving."
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen