T.I. Wants an Oscar Before 40
Rapper T.I. is shifting his focus from the music industry to Hollywood - because he wants to be an Academy Award winner within the next 10 years. The hip-hop star has landed small roles in films such as Ridley Scott's "American Gangster", and takes on a more significant part in the new crime thriller "Takers".
But T.I. admits he is building up his acting portfolio - because he doesn't want to be rapping into his late 30's like Jay-Z or Eminem. And he's intent on claiming gold at Tinseltown's most revered ceremony in the next decade.
The 29 year old tells Complex magazine, "I want to have an Oscar by then (40). I want to have made my mark in film as a producer and actor by the time I'm Jay's or Eminem's age."
More T.I. News
- Britney Spears Breaks Silence on Her Boyfriend Sam Asghari: 'He Is Really Cute'
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'