T.I. Wants an Oscar Before 40
Rapper T.I. is shifting his focus from the music industry to Hollywood - because he wants to be an Academy Award winner within the next 10 years. The hip-hop star has landed small roles in films such as Ridley Scott's "American Gangster", and takes on a more significant part in the new crime thriller "Takers".
But T.I. admits he is building up his acting portfolio - because he doesn't want to be rapping into his late 30's like Jay-Z or Eminem. And he's intent on claiming gold at Tinseltown's most revered ceremony in the next decade.
The 29 year old tells Complex magazine, "I want to have an Oscar by then (40). I want to have made my mark in film as a producer and actor by the time I'm Jay's or Eminem's age."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed