T.I. Wants an Oscar Before 40
Rapper T.I. is shifting his focus from the music industry to Hollywood - because he wants to be an Academy Award winner within the next 10 years. The hip-hop star has landed small roles in films such as Ridley Scott's "American Gangster", and takes on a more significant part in the new crime thriller "Takers".
But T.I. admits he is building up his acting portfolio - because he doesn't want to be rapping into his late 30's like Jay-Z or Eminem. And he's intent on claiming gold at Tinseltown's most revered ceremony in the next decade.
The 29 year old tells Complex magazine, "I want to have an Oscar by then (40). I want to have made my mark in film as a producer and actor by the time I'm Jay's or Eminem's age."
More T.I. News
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'