Britney Spears and Lady GaGa Blasted for Soft Pornography Videos
Acclaimed songwriter Mike Stock has condemned Britney Spears and Lady GaGa for their raunchy music videos, insisting modern pop stars are bad role models for young children. The British producer, who helped launch the career of Aussie singer Kylie Minogue in the 1980s, believes acts such as Spears need to tone down their overtly sexual performances - because so many kids look up to them.
He says, "The music industry has gone too far. It's not about me being old fashioned. It's about keeping values that are important in the modern world. These days you can't watch modern stars - like Britney Spears or Lady Gaga - with a two-year-old. 99 per cent of the charts is R&B and 99 per cent of that is soft pornography."
"Kids are being forced to grow up too young. Look at the videos. I wouldn't necessarily want my young kids to watch them. I would certainly be embarrassed to sit there with my mum."
And Stock has also singled out pop superstar Madonna, admitting he's concerned about the teen fashion line she has recently launched with her daughter, Lourdes - which features short skirts and slashed tops. He adds: "I'm being told by mothers of young kids they're worried by the pressure on them for their children to wear clothes and make-up at a young age."
"Lourdes is a 13-year-old girl. Madonna may have been happy but I bet about 90 per cent of parents wouldn't be happy with that."
More Britney Spears News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie