Emma Watson NOT Auditioning for 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
A representative for Emma Watson has moved swiftly to deny reports the actress is auditioning for the lead role in an upcoming big screen adaptation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". The Brit sparked speculation she was in the running for the role of edgy computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in the upcoming Hollywood movie after debuting a short pixie hairstyle earlier this month.
Watson, who shot to fame in the "Harry Potter" movie franchise, was said to be leading the race for the role, fighting off competition from actresses including Ellen Page and Carey Mulligan. But a spokesperson for Watson has denied the speculation, telling GossipCop.com the rumor is "absolutely false on all accounts".
Serving as a remake to a Swedish film of the same title, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" follows ruthless computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and disgraced financial journalist Mikael Blomkvist who are employed to find missing girl Harriet Vanger by her uncle. Daniel Craig has been confirmed to portray Blomkvist. Columbia Pictures reportedly eyes December 21, 2011 U.S. release for the movie.
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas