Emma Watson NOT Auditioning for 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
A representative for Emma Watson has moved swiftly to deny reports the actress is auditioning for the lead role in an upcoming big screen adaptation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". The Brit sparked speculation she was in the running for the role of edgy computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in the upcoming Hollywood movie after debuting a short pixie hairstyle earlier this month.
Watson, who shot to fame in the "Harry Potter" movie franchise, was said to be leading the race for the role, fighting off competition from actresses including Ellen Page and Carey Mulligan. But a spokesperson for Watson has denied the speculation, telling GossipCop.com the rumor is "absolutely false on all accounts".
Serving as a remake to a Swedish film of the same title, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" follows ruthless computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and disgraced financial journalist Mikael Blomkvist who are employed to find missing girl Harriet Vanger by her uncle. Daniel Craig has been confirmed to portray Blomkvist. Columbia Pictures reportedly eyes December 21, 2011 U.S. release for the movie.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role