Emma Watson NOT Auditioning for 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
A representative for Emma Watson has moved swiftly to deny reports the actress is auditioning for the lead role in an upcoming big screen adaptation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". The Brit sparked speculation she was in the running for the role of edgy computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in the upcoming Hollywood movie after debuting a short pixie hairstyle earlier this month.
Watson, who shot to fame in the "Harry Potter" movie franchise, was said to be leading the race for the role, fighting off competition from actresses including Ellen Page and Carey Mulligan. But a spokesperson for Watson has denied the speculation, telling GossipCop.com the rumor is "absolutely false on all accounts".
Serving as a remake to a Swedish film of the same title, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" follows ruthless computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and disgraced financial journalist Mikael Blomkvist who are employed to find missing girl Harriet Vanger by her uncle. Daniel Craig has been confirmed to portray Blomkvist. Columbia Pictures reportedly eyes December 21, 2011 U.S. release for the movie.
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure