Emma Watson NOT Auditioning for 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
A representative for Emma Watson has moved swiftly to deny reports the actress is auditioning for the lead role in an upcoming big screen adaptation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)". The Brit sparked speculation she was in the running for the role of edgy computer hacker Lisbeth Salander in the upcoming Hollywood movie after debuting a short pixie hairstyle earlier this month.
Watson, who shot to fame in the "Harry Potter" movie franchise, was said to be leading the race for the role, fighting off competition from actresses including Ellen Page and Carey Mulligan. But a spokesperson for Watson has denied the speculation, telling GossipCop.com the rumor is "absolutely false on all accounts".
Serving as a remake to a Swedish film of the same title, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)" follows ruthless computer hacker Lisbeth Salander and disgraced financial journalist Mikael Blomkvist who are employed to find missing girl Harriet Vanger by her uncle. Daniel Craig has been confirmed to portray Blomkvist. Columbia Pictures reportedly eyes December 21, 2011 U.S. release for the movie.
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting