Wife Left DMX After Discovering He Fathered Four Illegitimate Kids
DMX's wife left the rapper after she discovered he had fathered four children outside of their 11-year marriage. The hip-hop star, real name Earl Simmons, wed Tashera Simmons in 1999 and she confirmed reports of their separation in July, just two weeks after DMX was freed from prison for a violation probation.
Tashera had stood by her husband throughout his legal troubles, which included arrests for drug possession, even after a female from Maryland claimed the troubled star was the father of her son. But she reveals the decision to call time on their relationship for good came after other women came forward with similar claims following his 2006 reality show "DMX: Soul of a Man" and she only recently discovered he had been paying them child support behind her back.
Tashera tells Vibe magazine, "He had four other children out of our marriage and I didn't know. I only found out about one, and it was the one in Maryland that was public. It was all over the news and I was gonna try to make it work (but) after we did the show, 'Soul of a Man', I guess the women felt some kind of way because he was doing a lot of paying child support behind my back and giving them money without me knowing anything."
Tashera claims she was spurred on to leave DMX because she didn't want to set a bad example for their four children and she refused to continue to be taken "for granted". She says, "When he started coming up with all these kids I was like I can't (continue with the marriage) because for one, I have kids and I definitely don't want my daughter to think that that's OK. The drugs already was too much but then the cheating, I didn't even know he had time to do that."
"I mean, I never put it past him: I never say never, but without protection? There was just a lot of unprotected sex and I have kids to take care of. I started thinking about all of that and I was like, I can't do it anymore. I felt he took me for granted."
Tashera is now working on a book about her time with the embattled star, while she is also launching her own reality series documenting her life after her marriage breakdown. DMX was jailed again for 90 days on July 27 after turning himself in to Los Angeles authorities to face a 2002 charge of reckless driving.
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'