Parole Hearing for John Lennon's Killer Pushed Back Until September
The parole hearing for John Lennon's killer has been postponed until September. Mark Chapman was convicted of murdering The Beatles legend in New York in 1980 and he was sentenced to 20-years-to-life behind bars.
The 55-year-old became eligible for parole in 2000 but he has been denied his freedom five times by officials on the Division of Parole ever since. He was set to face another board hearing at Attica Correctional Facility in upstate New York on Monday, August 9.
However, a spokesman for the Division of Parole says Chapman was told on Tuesday, August 10 that his interview had been rescheduled for early September. According to the Associated Press, parole board officials are awaiting additional information so that they have a complete record, although the rep for the board has refused to specify the details they are missing.
More John Lennon News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent