Michael Cera Faced Up to Fear of Soccer in Last Summer
Actor Michael Cera finally faced up to his fear of soccer in summer 2009, after years of avoiding the sport following a disastrous performance in a crucial childhood match. The "Superbad" star admits he was scared off the field after scoring an own goal during an important youth game, and he only returned to the pitch in 2009.
He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "It was a junior high school soccer game, and I jumped up and hit the ball with my knee, and it bounced straight over our goalie and into the net. I scored a goal for the other team. My team hated me. I'm a traitor. And I didn't play again until I faced the fear."
While Cera has now been able to face his soccer fear, he has another scary image he might want to erase from his memory. He shared that one day, a fan approached him and said, "You look just like my fiance. Can I give you a hug?" However, when he answered her request, the fan made a blunt sexual proposition.
"I pulled away from her. And the cigarette smoke was just falling out of her mouth. It was such a scary image. And then I saw her pull her shirt down for some other guy," he told the mag. "There was something demonic and terrifying about it. She was completely crazy."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour