Jada Pinkett Smith Fired 'Hawthorne' Crew After Mom's Advice
Actress Jada Pinkett Smith fired the original technical crew behind her new TV hospital drama "Hawthorne" after her mother, a top nurse, criticized the show for its inaccuracy. Pinkett Smith plays Chief Nursing Officer Christina Hawthorne in the U.S. series, but her mum Adrienne Banfield-Jones, the head nurse of an inner-city clinic in Baltimore, Maryland, was quick to point out the show wasn't realistic.
The actress took the comments so seriously she hired a whole new technical team for the show's second season, which premiered in America in June. Pinkett Smith says, "She (her mum) did quite a bit (of criticizing) last year (2009), which is why I got a new technical team this year... Last year she was really on top of it and I'm very thankful because there were a lot of things she was making me aware of that I don't think I would've been if she hadn't been (there)."
"Things like how we put the cap back on the needle, or how we inject the needle, or how we resuscitate. (It's) very specific and we got a lot of nurses last year emailing and saying, 'We like the show but you're not really doing this and this.' At the end of the season I had a six-page email (from her mum). But this year she helped make a much better show, so kudos to her," she states.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!