Eva Mendes Alerted Family Before Releasing Sex Tape Spoof
Eva Mendes sent out a stern warning to her family about her new internet sex tape spoof - because she was afraid her male relatives wouldn't understand it as a joke. The actress appears in a skit mocking raunchy celebrity videos for Will Ferrell's website FunnyorDie.com, in which she promotes her own fictional product, Eva Mendes' Sex Tape - which is actually sticky household masking tape.
After appearing in night vision, Mendes sits on a bed and delivers the pitch: "Hi folks, I'm Eva Mendes, and you've just experienced one of the millions of uses for my new product, Eva Mendes' Sex Tape. By demand, my sex tape is safe to use on poles, pipes, rods, rims, bottoms, tops, in the back, in the front, upside down, in a tree, with toys, on a boat, in Mexico, covered in champagne and on untreated, naked wood." But Mendes feared the men in her family would mistake the joke for a real-life sex tape featuring the Hitch star - and hunt down and hurt whoever was responsible for putting it online.
So she scrambled to send out a last-minute alert before it went viral earlier this month. She explains, "Before it came out I was actually getting on a plane from New York to L.A.... I'm trying to sneak a last mass text because I'm like, 'Oh! My family!' I'm mass texting all of them. I was like, 'This is a joke, this is not to be taken seriously!' All in caps because my brother and my father, my nephews, oh no, no that would not have got well... I would not want anybody in jail."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics