Eva Mendes Alerted Family Before Releasing Sex Tape Spoof
Eva Mendes sent out a stern warning to her family about her new internet sex tape spoof - because she was afraid her male relatives wouldn't understand it as a joke. The actress appears in a skit mocking raunchy celebrity videos for Will Ferrell's website FunnyorDie.com, in which she promotes her own fictional product, Eva Mendes' Sex Tape - which is actually sticky household masking tape.
After appearing in night vision, Mendes sits on a bed and delivers the pitch: "Hi folks, I'm Eva Mendes, and you've just experienced one of the millions of uses for my new product, Eva Mendes' Sex Tape. By demand, my sex tape is safe to use on poles, pipes, rods, rims, bottoms, tops, in the back, in the front, upside down, in a tree, with toys, on a boat, in Mexico, covered in champagne and on untreated, naked wood." But Mendes feared the men in her family would mistake the joke for a real-life sex tape featuring the Hitch star - and hunt down and hurt whoever was responsible for putting it online.
So she scrambled to send out a last-minute alert before it went viral earlier this month. She explains, "Before it came out I was actually getting on a plane from New York to L.A.... I'm trying to sneak a last mass text because I'm like, 'Oh! My family!' I'm mass texting all of them. I was like, 'This is a joke, this is not to be taken seriously!' All in caps because my brother and my father, my nephews, oh no, no that would not have got well... I would not want anybody in jail."
More Eva Mendes News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service