M.I.A. Breached Contract by Inviting Fans on Stage at British Fest
M.I.A. could miss out on her pay cheque for performing at a British music festival after she breached her contract by inviting fans onstage, according to a U.K. report. The hip-hop star - real name Mathangi Arulpragasam - was headlining the Big Chill festival in Herefordshire, England on Saturday, August 7 when she asked fans to join her for her hit Paper Planes.
More than 200 eager revelers jumped the security barriers and leaped onstage, forcing organizers to cut short the gig. And festival bosses could legally refuse to pay the rapper for her show because she broke the terms of her contract and put people in danger, according to Britain's Daily Star newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "By inviting the audience on stage M.I.A. was in breach of her contract. The organizers don't have to pay her anything if they feel she endangered people, it's all there in black and white."
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS