M.I.A. Breached Contract by Inviting Fans on Stage at British Fest
M.I.A. could miss out on her pay cheque for performing at a British music festival after she breached her contract by inviting fans onstage, according to a U.K. report. The hip-hop star - real name Mathangi Arulpragasam - was headlining the Big Chill festival in Herefordshire, England on Saturday, August 7 when she asked fans to join her for her hit Paper Planes.
More than 200 eager revelers jumped the security barriers and leaped onstage, forcing organizers to cut short the gig. And festival bosses could legally refuse to pay the rapper for her show because she broke the terms of her contract and put people in danger, according to Britain's Daily Star newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "By inviting the audience on stage M.I.A. was in breach of her contract. The organizers don't have to pay her anything if they feel she endangered people, it's all there in black and white."
More M.I.A. News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival