M.I.A. Breached Contract by Inviting Fans on Stage at British Fest
M.I.A. could miss out on her pay cheque for performing at a British music festival after she breached her contract by inviting fans onstage, according to a U.K. report. The hip-hop star - real name Mathangi Arulpragasam - was headlining the Big Chill festival in Herefordshire, England on Saturday, August 7 when she asked fans to join her for her hit Paper Planes.
More than 200 eager revelers jumped the security barriers and leaped onstage, forcing organizers to cut short the gig. And festival bosses could legally refuse to pay the rapper for her show because she broke the terms of her contract and put people in danger, according to Britain's Daily Star newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "By inviting the audience on stage M.I.A. was in breach of her contract. The organizers don't have to pay her anything if they feel she endangered people, it's all there in black and white."
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary