M.I.A. Breached Contract by Inviting Fans on Stage at British Fest
M.I.A. could miss out on her pay cheque for performing at a British music festival after she breached her contract by inviting fans onstage, according to a U.K. report. The hip-hop star - real name Mathangi Arulpragasam - was headlining the Big Chill festival in Herefordshire, England on Saturday, August 7 when she asked fans to join her for her hit Paper Planes.
More than 200 eager revelers jumped the security barriers and leaped onstage, forcing organizers to cut short the gig. And festival bosses could legally refuse to pay the rapper for her show because she broke the terms of her contract and put people in danger, according to Britain's Daily Star newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "By inviting the audience on stage M.I.A. was in breach of her contract. The organizers don't have to pay her anything if they feel she endangered people, it's all there in black and white."
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl