M.I.A. Breached Contract by Inviting Fans on Stage at British Fest
M.I.A. could miss out on her pay cheque for performing at a British music festival after she breached her contract by inviting fans onstage, according to a U.K. report. The hip-hop star - real name Mathangi Arulpragasam - was headlining the Big Chill festival in Herefordshire, England on Saturday, August 7 when she asked fans to join her for her hit Paper Planes.
More than 200 eager revelers jumped the security barriers and leaped onstage, forcing organizers to cut short the gig. And festival bosses could legally refuse to pay the rapper for her show because she broke the terms of her contract and put people in danger, according to Britain's Daily Star newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "By inviting the audience on stage M.I.A. was in breach of her contract. The organizers don't have to pay her anything if they feel she endangered people, it's all there in black and white."
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip