Ne-Yo Wants Janet to Sing Michael Jackson Tribute Track
Ne-Yo is planning to recruit Janet Jackson to record music he wrote for her late brother Michael Jackson, insisting it would be "disrespectful" to hand the songs over to an artist outside the musical family. The King of Pop approached Ne-Yo to write him an album's worth of material shortly before he passed away last summer.
Jackson never had the opportunity to record the tracks but Ne-Yo still wants them to be heard by fans - and is hoping to give them to the superstar's siblings to sing. Ne-Yo tells Britain's Daily Star, "I've been trying to figure out what to do with those songs. I can't give them to anybody else because they were written for Michael. That would be disrespectful."
"So if I could get Janet and the brothers to do a collaborative tribute, that would be a great idea. There are about 10 he personally selected. He told me, 'I like this one, this one, this one.' I can't just put them out by myself because again they were meant for him but they're really good songs, it's good quality music."
More Ne-Yo News
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account