Ne-Yo Wants Janet to Sing Michael Jackson Tribute Track
Ne-Yo is planning to recruit Janet Jackson to record music he wrote for her late brother Michael Jackson, insisting it would be "disrespectful" to hand the songs over to an artist outside the musical family. The King of Pop approached Ne-Yo to write him an album's worth of material shortly before he passed away last summer.
Jackson never had the opportunity to record the tracks but Ne-Yo still wants them to be heard by fans - and is hoping to give them to the superstar's siblings to sing. Ne-Yo tells Britain's Daily Star, "I've been trying to figure out what to do with those songs. I can't give them to anybody else because they were written for Michael. That would be disrespectful."
"So if I could get Janet and the brothers to do a collaborative tribute, that would be a great idea. There are about 10 he personally selected. He told me, 'I like this one, this one, this one.' I can't just put them out by myself because again they were meant for him but they're really good songs, it's good quality music."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'