Ne-Yo Wants Janet to Sing Michael Jackson Tribute Track
Ne-Yo is planning to recruit Janet Jackson to record music he wrote for her late brother Michael Jackson, insisting it would be "disrespectful" to hand the songs over to an artist outside the musical family. The King of Pop approached Ne-Yo to write him an album's worth of material shortly before he passed away last summer.
Jackson never had the opportunity to record the tracks but Ne-Yo still wants them to be heard by fans - and is hoping to give them to the superstar's siblings to sing. Ne-Yo tells Britain's Daily Star, "I've been trying to figure out what to do with those songs. I can't give them to anybody else because they were written for Michael. That would be disrespectful."
"So if I could get Janet and the brothers to do a collaborative tribute, that would be a great idea. There are about 10 he personally selected. He told me, 'I like this one, this one, this one.' I can't just put them out by myself because again they were meant for him but they're really good songs, it's good quality music."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage