Ne-Yo Wants Janet to Sing Michael Jackson Tribute Track
Ne-Yo is planning to recruit Janet Jackson to record music he wrote for her late brother Michael Jackson, insisting it would be "disrespectful" to hand the songs over to an artist outside the musical family. The King of Pop approached Ne-Yo to write him an album's worth of material shortly before he passed away last summer.
Jackson never had the opportunity to record the tracks but Ne-Yo still wants them to be heard by fans - and is hoping to give them to the superstar's siblings to sing. Ne-Yo tells Britain's Daily Star, "I've been trying to figure out what to do with those songs. I can't give them to anybody else because they were written for Michael. That would be disrespectful."
"So if I could get Janet and the brothers to do a collaborative tribute, that would be a great idea. There are about 10 he personally selected. He told me, 'I like this one, this one, this one.' I can't just put them out by myself because again they were meant for him but they're really good songs, it's good quality music."
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer