Emma Watson Cut Her Hair to Land Role in 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
Actress Emma Watson chopped off her long locks to put herself in the running for the lead role in the Hollywood adaptation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)", according to a U.K. report. The "Harry Potter" star stunned fans when she debuted a short pixie crop earlier this month, but her new hairdo is believed to be more than just a change of style.
Watson is screen-testing for a role in the big budget remake of Stieg Larsson's "Millennium Trilogy", according to Britain's The Sun. She is reportedly in talks to play the main female character, computer hacker Lisbeth Salander, alongside Daniel Craig.
A source tells the publication, "Emma has auditioned with director David Fincher and cut her hair to look the part. The character of Lisbeth is a misfit goth-type girl with spiky hair." Watson showed off her new look on her website, telling fans: "Cut my hair off a few days ago... Feels incredible. I love it. I've wanted to do this for years and years; it's the most liberating thing ever."
Other actresses tipped for the role include Natalie Portman, Ellen Page and Carey Mulligan.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21