Emma Watson Cut Her Hair to Land Role in 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
Actress Emma Watson chopped off her long locks to put herself in the running for the lead role in the Hollywood adaptation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)", according to a U.K. report. The "Harry Potter" star stunned fans when she debuted a short pixie crop earlier this month, but her new hairdo is believed to be more than just a change of style.
Watson is screen-testing for a role in the big budget remake of Stieg Larsson's "Millennium Trilogy", according to Britain's The Sun. She is reportedly in talks to play the main female character, computer hacker Lisbeth Salander, alongside Daniel Craig.
A source tells the publication, "Emma has auditioned with director David Fincher and cut her hair to look the part. The character of Lisbeth is a misfit goth-type girl with spiky hair." Watson showed off her new look on her website, telling fans: "Cut my hair off a few days ago... Feels incredible. I love it. I've wanted to do this for years and years; it's the most liberating thing ever."
Other actresses tipped for the role include Natalie Portman, Ellen Page and Carey Mulligan.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser