Emma Watson Cut Her Hair to Land Role in 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
Actress Emma Watson chopped off her long locks to put herself in the running for the lead role in the Hollywood adaptation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)", according to a U.K. report. The "Harry Potter" star stunned fans when she debuted a short pixie crop earlier this month, but her new hairdo is believed to be more than just a change of style.
Watson is screen-testing for a role in the big budget remake of Stieg Larsson's "Millennium Trilogy", according to Britain's The Sun. She is reportedly in talks to play the main female character, computer hacker Lisbeth Salander, alongside Daniel Craig.
A source tells the publication, "Emma has auditioned with director David Fincher and cut her hair to look the part. The character of Lisbeth is a misfit goth-type girl with spiky hair." Watson showed off her new look on her website, telling fans: "Cut my hair off a few days ago... Feels incredible. I love it. I've wanted to do this for years and years; it's the most liberating thing ever."
Other actresses tipped for the role include Natalie Portman, Ellen Page and Carey Mulligan.
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick