Emma Watson Cut Her Hair to Land Role in 'Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
Actress Emma Watson chopped off her long locks to put herself in the running for the lead role in the Hollywood adaptation of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)", according to a U.K. report. The "Harry Potter" star stunned fans when she debuted a short pixie crop earlier this month, but her new hairdo is believed to be more than just a change of style.
Watson is screen-testing for a role in the big budget remake of Stieg Larsson's "Millennium Trilogy", according to Britain's The Sun. She is reportedly in talks to play the main female character, computer hacker Lisbeth Salander, alongside Daniel Craig.
A source tells the publication, "Emma has auditioned with director David Fincher and cut her hair to look the part. The character of Lisbeth is a misfit goth-type girl with spiky hair." Watson showed off her new look on her website, telling fans: "Cut my hair off a few days ago... Feels incredible. I love it. I've wanted to do this for years and years; it's the most liberating thing ever."
Other actresses tipped for the role include Natalie Portman, Ellen Page and Carey Mulligan.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton