Amy Winehouse's Dad Cancels Gig After Illness
Amy Winehouse's father has pulled out of a jazz concert in Scotland after falling ill during a vacation in Spain. Former London taxi driver Mitch Winehouse was due to launch his U.K. tour with a singing gig in Edinburgh's The Living Room piano bar on Monday, August 9, but was forced to pull out after becoming unwell.
The 60 year old is currently in hospital awaiting a diagnosis. A spokesperson for the star explains, "It appears to be food poisoning or gastroenteritis. His manager is now on his way to see him in hospital."
Winehouse, Sr. has yet to announce if any other upcoming tour dates will be affected by his illness. The jaunt is conducted to promote his debut album which he admitted to be the result of his daughter's encouragement.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns