Amy Winehouse's Dad Cancels Gig After Illness
Amy Winehouse's father has pulled out of a jazz concert in Scotland after falling ill during a vacation in Spain. Former London taxi driver Mitch Winehouse was due to launch his U.K. tour with a singing gig in Edinburgh's The Living Room piano bar on Monday, August 9, but was forced to pull out after becoming unwell.
The 60 year old is currently in hospital awaiting a diagnosis. A spokesperson for the star explains, "It appears to be food poisoning or gastroenteritis. His manager is now on his way to see him in hospital."
Winehouse, Sr. has yet to announce if any other upcoming tour dates will be affected by his illness. The jaunt is conducted to promote his debut album which he admitted to be the result of his daughter's encouragement.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo