Amy Winehouse's Dad Cancels Gig After Illness
Amy Winehouse's father has pulled out of a jazz concert in Scotland after falling ill during a vacation in Spain. Former London taxi driver Mitch Winehouse was due to launch his U.K. tour with a singing gig in Edinburgh's The Living Room piano bar on Monday, August 9, but was forced to pull out after becoming unwell.
The 60 year old is currently in hospital awaiting a diagnosis. A spokesperson for the star explains, "It appears to be food poisoning or gastroenteritis. His manager is now on his way to see him in hospital."
Winehouse, Sr. has yet to announce if any other upcoming tour dates will be affected by his illness. The jaunt is conducted to promote his debut album which he admitted to be the result of his daughter's encouragement.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'