Amy Winehouse's Dad Cancels Gig After Illness
Amy Winehouse's father has pulled out of a jazz concert in Scotland after falling ill during a vacation in Spain. Former London taxi driver Mitch Winehouse was due to launch his U.K. tour with a singing gig in Edinburgh's The Living Room piano bar on Monday, August 9, but was forced to pull out after becoming unwell.
The 60 year old is currently in hospital awaiting a diagnosis. A spokesperson for the star explains, "It appears to be food poisoning or gastroenteritis. His manager is now on his way to see him in hospital."
Winehouse, Sr. has yet to announce if any other upcoming tour dates will be affected by his illness. The jaunt is conducted to promote his debut album which he admitted to be the result of his daughter's encouragement.
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'