Lady GaGa's Producer RedOne Launches His Own Label
Lady GaGa's producer pal RedOne is launching his own label after signing a new deal with Universal Records. The "Poker Face" hitmaker, who scooped a Grammy Award for his work on the dance track, has founded 2102 and has already added up-and-coming artist Mohombi to his roster.
And RedOne, real name Nadir Khayat, is confident the Swedish/Congolese singer will blow fans away. He tells the BBC, "Everyone's going to go crazy about him. It's a rhythmic, global sound. Good melodies, good lyrics, good hooks."
"I first heard about him 10 years ago - we were both in Sweden at the same time, but I never met him until we were in America. He came into the studio and he had a CD with him - and it blew me away."
RedOne has also produced songs for Akon, Enrique Iglesias and Mika.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture