Lady GaGa's Producer RedOne Launches His Own Label
Lady GaGa's producer pal RedOne is launching his own label after signing a new deal with Universal Records. The "Poker Face" hitmaker, who scooped a Grammy Award for his work on the dance track, has founded 2102 and has already added up-and-coming artist Mohombi to his roster.
And RedOne, real name Nadir Khayat, is confident the Swedish/Congolese singer will blow fans away. He tells the BBC, "Everyone's going to go crazy about him. It's a rhythmic, global sound. Good melodies, good lyrics, good hooks."
"I first heard about him 10 years ago - we were both in Sweden at the same time, but I never met him until we were in America. He came into the studio and he had a CD with him - and it blew me away."
RedOne has also produced songs for Akon, Enrique Iglesias and Mika.
More Lady GaGa News
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media