Portia de Rossi Files Request to Adopt Ellen DeGeneres' Last Name
Former "Ally McBeal" star Portia de Rossi has filed court papers to legally take on her partner Ellen DeGeneres' last name. The couple wed in a same sex ceremony in 2008 when gay marriage was legalized in the state of California.
The Aussie actress lodged the name change petition in Los Angeles County Superior Court last Friday, August 6, asking to be formally known as Portia DeGeneres. A judge is expected to approve the request as such petitions are routinely granted, reports TMZ.com.
Same sex marriage was outlawed in California just months after its legalization by the Proposition 8 bill. However, in a landmark ruling last week, a U.S. judge branded Proposition 8 "unconstitutional", paving the way for gay unions to be made legal once more.
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5