Portia de Rossi Files Request to Adopt Ellen DeGeneres' Last Name
Former "Ally McBeal" star Portia de Rossi has filed court papers to legally take on her partner Ellen DeGeneres' last name. The couple wed in a same sex ceremony in 2008 when gay marriage was legalized in the state of California.
The Aussie actress lodged the name change petition in Los Angeles County Superior Court last Friday, August 6, asking to be formally known as Portia DeGeneres. A judge is expected to approve the request as such petitions are routinely granted, reports TMZ.com.
Same sex marriage was outlawed in California just months after its legalization by the Proposition 8 bill. However, in a landmark ruling last week, a U.S. judge branded Proposition 8 "unconstitutional", paving the way for gay unions to be made legal once more.
More Portia de Rossi News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift