Portia de Rossi Files Request to Adopt Ellen DeGeneres' Last Name
Former "Ally McBeal" star Portia de Rossi has filed court papers to legally take on her partner Ellen DeGeneres' last name. The couple wed in a same sex ceremony in 2008 when gay marriage was legalized in the state of California.
The Aussie actress lodged the name change petition in Los Angeles County Superior Court last Friday, August 6, asking to be formally known as Portia DeGeneres. A judge is expected to approve the request as such petitions are routinely granted, reports TMZ.com.
Same sex marriage was outlawed in California just months after its legalization by the Proposition 8 bill. However, in a landmark ruling last week, a U.S. judge branded Proposition 8 "unconstitutional", paving the way for gay unions to be made legal once more.
More Portia de Rossi News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'