Mel Gibson's Father: Pope Benedict XVI Is Gay
Mel Gibson's father has hit headlines after reportedly blasting the Catholic Church and declaring Pope Benedict XVI a "homosexual" on a U.S. radio show at the weekend. TMZ.com has obtained an alleged recording of Hutton Gibson on the Political Cesspool Radio Program, during which he's asked if the Catholic Church has been "politicized" to the point where it cannot address controversial issues such as homosexuality.
The 91 year old responds: "It's not willing to do so because half of the people there in the Vatican are queer." When asked if he thinks Pope Benedict is gay, Hutton replies: "I certainly do... why else would he put up with this?... He's a slippery character." It's not the first time the Gibson family has been tangled in religious controversy.
Hollywood actor Mel Gibson came under attack in 2006 after he fired-off anti-Semitic comments to a Jewish traffic cop, who arrested him on a charge of drink driving in California. Gibson subsequently issued a public apology for his drunken remarks. Gibson, Sr.'s interview also comes as his son faces fresh controversy as he battles his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva for custody of their baby daughter, Lucia.
The war of words between the pair has seen Grigorieva accuse the shamed star of assault, while audio footage of telephone calls in which the actor can allegedly be heard hurling offensive racial language and expletive-laden threats at his ex-partner have leaked online.
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character