Jennifer Aniston Granted Longer Restraining Order Against Stalker
Jennifer Aniston has been awarded a permanent restraining order against a man who was arrested outside her Hollywood Hills home last month while carrying a "sharp object". Reports claim Jason R. Peyton traveled across the U.S. to meet the former "Friends" star, and was taken into custody after he was found "laying-in-wait" near her house on July 15. Upon his arrest, cops discovered he was carrying "a sharp object, a bag, a roll of duct tape and written messages about (Aniston)".
Following the arrest, he was placed on a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold for a month. Legal papers filed by Aniston's lawyers state: "Peyton is an obsessed, mentally ill and delusional stalker - with a history of violence and criminal stalking - who drove cross-country in his delusional 'mission' to locate and marry (Aniston), with whom he believes he is in a relationship."
Aniston was recently granted a temporary ban against Peyton but on Monday, August 9, Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner David A. Cowan approved a long-term order, forbidding the overzealous fan from approaching or contacting the star for three years.
More Jennifer Aniston News
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed