Jennifer Aniston Granted Longer Restraining Order Against Stalker
Jennifer Aniston has been awarded a permanent restraining order against a man who was arrested outside her Hollywood Hills home last month while carrying a "sharp object". Reports claim Jason R. Peyton traveled across the U.S. to meet the former "Friends" star, and was taken into custody after he was found "laying-in-wait" near her house on July 15. Upon his arrest, cops discovered he was carrying "a sharp object, a bag, a roll of duct tape and written messages about (Aniston)".
Following the arrest, he was placed on a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold for a month. Legal papers filed by Aniston's lawyers state: "Peyton is an obsessed, mentally ill and delusional stalker - with a history of violence and criminal stalking - who drove cross-country in his delusional 'mission' to locate and marry (Aniston), with whom he believes he is in a relationship."
Aniston was recently granted a temporary ban against Peyton but on Monday, August 9, Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner David A. Cowan approved a long-term order, forbidding the overzealous fan from approaching or contacting the star for three years.
More Jennifer Aniston News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie