Jennifer Aniston Granted Longer Restraining Order Against Stalker
Jennifer Aniston has been awarded a permanent restraining order against a man who was arrested outside her Hollywood Hills home last month while carrying a "sharp object". Reports claim Jason R. Peyton traveled across the U.S. to meet the former "Friends" star, and was taken into custody after he was found "laying-in-wait" near her house on July 15. Upon his arrest, cops discovered he was carrying "a sharp object, a bag, a roll of duct tape and written messages about (Aniston)".
Following the arrest, he was placed on a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold for a month. Legal papers filed by Aniston's lawyers state: "Peyton is an obsessed, mentally ill and delusional stalker - with a history of violence and criminal stalking - who drove cross-country in his delusional 'mission' to locate and marry (Aniston), with whom he believes he is in a relationship."
Aniston was recently granted a temporary ban against Peyton but on Monday, August 9, Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner David A. Cowan approved a long-term order, forbidding the overzealous fan from approaching or contacting the star for three years.
More Jennifer Aniston News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival