Jennifer Aniston Granted Longer Restraining Order Against Stalker
Jennifer Aniston has been awarded a permanent restraining order against a man who was arrested outside her Hollywood Hills home last month while carrying a "sharp object". Reports claim Jason R. Peyton traveled across the U.S. to meet the former "Friends" star, and was taken into custody after he was found "laying-in-wait" near her house on July 15. Upon his arrest, cops discovered he was carrying "a sharp object, a bag, a roll of duct tape and written messages about (Aniston)".
Following the arrest, he was placed on a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold for a month. Legal papers filed by Aniston's lawyers state: "Peyton is an obsessed, mentally ill and delusional stalker - with a history of violence and criminal stalking - who drove cross-country in his delusional 'mission' to locate and marry (Aniston), with whom he believes he is in a relationship."
Aniston was recently granted a temporary ban against Peyton but on Monday, August 9, Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner David A. Cowan approved a long-term order, forbidding the overzealous fan from approaching or contacting the star for three years.
More Jennifer Aniston News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed