Jennifer Aniston Granted Longer Restraining Order Against Stalker
Jennifer Aniston has been awarded a permanent restraining order against a man who was arrested outside her Hollywood Hills home last month while carrying a "sharp object". Reports claim Jason R. Peyton traveled across the U.S. to meet the former "Friends" star, and was taken into custody after he was found "laying-in-wait" near her house on July 15. Upon his arrest, cops discovered he was carrying "a sharp object, a bag, a roll of duct tape and written messages about (Aniston)".
Following the arrest, he was placed on a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold for a month. Legal papers filed by Aniston's lawyers state: "Peyton is an obsessed, mentally ill and delusional stalker - with a history of violence and criminal stalking - who drove cross-country in his delusional 'mission' to locate and marry (Aniston), with whom he believes he is in a relationship."
Aniston was recently granted a temporary ban against Peyton but on Monday, August 9, Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner David A. Cowan approved a long-term order, forbidding the overzealous fan from approaching or contacting the star for three years.
More Jennifer Aniston News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'