will.i.am Appointed as Grammy Foundation Director
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been appointed as the director of the Grammy Foundation to help promote the importance of music and the arts among the general public. The rapper/producer, who will sit on the charity board alongside singer/songwriter Darryl Brown, was selected in recognition of his career success, which has seen him honored with seven Grammy Awards to date.
Neil Portnow, President/CEO of the Grammy Foundation and MusiCares, the two charities associated with The Recording Academy, says, "Now in their 21st year, both MusiCares and the GRAMMY Foundation are vibrant and mature nonprofit organizations."
"Our Board members reflect this core strength, and we look to them for creativity and stewardship as we continue our growth. The talent and vision of our Board members is truly inspiring, and we are very fortunate to have highly respected individuals working with us."
The Recording Academy is the organization behind the annual Grammy Awards.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie