will.i.am Appointed as Grammy Foundation Director
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been appointed as the director of the Grammy Foundation to help promote the importance of music and the arts among the general public. The rapper/producer, who will sit on the charity board alongside singer/songwriter Darryl Brown, was selected in recognition of his career success, which has seen him honored with seven Grammy Awards to date.
Neil Portnow, President/CEO of the Grammy Foundation and MusiCares, the two charities associated with The Recording Academy, says, "Now in their 21st year, both MusiCares and the GRAMMY Foundation are vibrant and mature nonprofit organizations."
"Our Board members reflect this core strength, and we look to them for creativity and stewardship as we continue our growth. The talent and vision of our Board members is truly inspiring, and we are very fortunate to have highly respected individuals working with us."
The Recording Academy is the organization behind the annual Grammy Awards.
More will.i.am News
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'