will.i.am Appointed as Grammy Foundation Director
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been appointed as the director of the Grammy Foundation to help promote the importance of music and the arts among the general public. The rapper/producer, who will sit on the charity board alongside singer/songwriter Darryl Brown, was selected in recognition of his career success, which has seen him honored with seven Grammy Awards to date.
Neil Portnow, President/CEO of the Grammy Foundation and MusiCares, the two charities associated with The Recording Academy, says, "Now in their 21st year, both MusiCares and the GRAMMY Foundation are vibrant and mature nonprofit organizations."
"Our Board members reflect this core strength, and we look to them for creativity and stewardship as we continue our growth. The talent and vision of our Board members is truly inspiring, and we are very fortunate to have highly respected individuals working with us."
The Recording Academy is the organization behind the annual Grammy Awards.
More will.i.am News
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards