will.i.am Appointed as Grammy Foundation Director
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been appointed as the director of the Grammy Foundation to help promote the importance of music and the arts among the general public. The rapper/producer, who will sit on the charity board alongside singer/songwriter Darryl Brown, was selected in recognition of his career success, which has seen him honored with seven Grammy Awards to date.
Neil Portnow, President/CEO of the Grammy Foundation and MusiCares, the two charities associated with The Recording Academy, says, "Now in their 21st year, both MusiCares and the GRAMMY Foundation are vibrant and mature nonprofit organizations."
"Our Board members reflect this core strength, and we look to them for creativity and stewardship as we continue our growth. The talent and vision of our Board members is truly inspiring, and we are very fortunate to have highly respected individuals working with us."
The Recording Academy is the organization behind the annual Grammy Awards.
More will.i.am News
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting