will.i.am Appointed as Grammy Foundation Director
Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am has been appointed as the director of the Grammy Foundation to help promote the importance of music and the arts among the general public. The rapper/producer, who will sit on the charity board alongside singer/songwriter Darryl Brown, was selected in recognition of his career success, which has seen him honored with seven Grammy Awards to date.
Neil Portnow, President/CEO of the Grammy Foundation and MusiCares, the two charities associated with The Recording Academy, says, "Now in their 21st year, both MusiCares and the GRAMMY Foundation are vibrant and mature nonprofit organizations."
"Our Board members reflect this core strength, and we look to them for creativity and stewardship as we continue our growth. The talent and vision of our Board members is truly inspiring, and we are very fortunate to have highly respected individuals working with us."
The Recording Academy is the organization behind the annual Grammy Awards.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor