Phil Collins Embarrassed by His Over-Confident Persona While in Genesis
Phil Collins struggles to watch footage of Genesis onstage at the height of their 1980s success - because he was so "annoying". The rocker reveals he recently started work on an archive of all his performances and was embarrassed by his over-confident persona while the band was selling out the world's arenas.
He tells Mojo magazine, "The persona onstage came out of insecurity. (Former Genesis frontman) Peter (Gabriel) had his mysterious traveler vibe, and I didn't have anything. So I thought, 'What can I do?' So I overdid it. There was a time and a place for it, but it seems embarrassing now. I recently started transferring all my VHS (video) tapes onto DVD to create an archive, and everything I was watching, I thought, 'God, I'm annoying.' I appeared to be very cocky, and really I wasn't."
And Collins also regrets becoming a film star in "Buster" - because it simply made him more irritating. He adds, "I was omnipresent... I only did it (film) because Julie Walters was doing it. So I also represented someone biting off more than they can chew. I can only apologize as it annoys me... and I'm me."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'