Marlon Brando's Family Fighting Over His Ashes
Marlon Brando's ex-wife Anna Kashfi has launched an extraordinary legal battle over the movie icon's ashes - claiming her son's former girlfriend is refusing to hand them back to her. The "Wild One" star's remains were divided up among members of his family following his death from respiratory failure in 2004.
Brando's son Christian received some of the ashes, and following his death in 2008 they were allegedly kept by his then-girlfriend Donna Lopez Geon. Now Christian's mother Kashfi, who divorced Brando in 1959, wants them back - she's filed legal papers at Los Angeles County Superior Court demanding Geon returns "a portion of the cremated remains of Marlon Brando."
Kashfi also claims Geon has her son's St. Christopher's medal, but Geon tells TMZ.com, "Christian wasn't close with his family and wouldn't have wanted his mother or anyone else to have his property when he died... When I found out they were coming after the property, I took some of the ashes I have and spread them in Franklin Canyon (Los Angeles)... Marlon loved that place."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic