Stephanie Seymour's Estranged Husband Must Continue to Undergo Drug Tests
The estranged husband of former supermodel Stephanie Seymour has lost his bid to be exempt from submitting to random drug tests in their ongoing divorce and custody battle. The retired runway beauty's messy split from publishing mogul Peter Brant is set to go to trial in September, but the pair appeared in a Stamford, Connecticut court on Friday, August 6 for a pre-divorce trial hearing.
The court session was called by Brant's lawyers in an attempt to have the rules for regular drug testing altered. The businessman, who is challenging Seymour for custody of their three kids, wanted to be allowed to skip the testing because he's maintained a clean record since their divorce proceedings began in 2009.
His attorneys argued Seymour should be the only one forced to undergo the procedure after failing to attend some of the random tests. However, his request was denied by Judge Michael Shay, who ruled both parents must continue to submit to testing as it would be unfair for Seymour's reputation to be tarnished in the eyes of their kids if only she was ordered to provide regular samples. He also added that Seymour's test results have all come back negative to date.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival