Stephanie Seymour's Estranged Husband Must Continue to Undergo Drug Tests
The estranged husband of former supermodel Stephanie Seymour has lost his bid to be exempt from submitting to random drug tests in their ongoing divorce and custody battle. The retired runway beauty's messy split from publishing mogul Peter Brant is set to go to trial in September, but the pair appeared in a Stamford, Connecticut court on Friday, August 6 for a pre-divorce trial hearing.
The court session was called by Brant's lawyers in an attempt to have the rules for regular drug testing altered. The businessman, who is challenging Seymour for custody of their three kids, wanted to be allowed to skip the testing because he's maintained a clean record since their divorce proceedings began in 2009.
His attorneys argued Seymour should be the only one forced to undergo the procedure after failing to attend some of the random tests. However, his request was denied by Judge Michael Shay, who ruled both parents must continue to submit to testing as it would be unfair for Seymour's reputation to be tarnished in the eyes of their kids if only she was ordered to provide regular samples. He also added that Seymour's test results have all come back negative to date.
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now