Michael Cera Got Lost During Mountain Hike
Actor Michael Cera feared for his life on a recent road trip to the Colorado wilderness after he and a friend got lost during a hike up a mountain. The "Superbad" star drove from his native Ontario, Canada to tour the U.S. with a pal, but the trip took a turn for the worse when the pair went hiking in Denver last month.
Cera remembers, "We went up and we climbed up on a mountain by the Red Rocks, which is a big boulder in Denver, and we got lost and actually very nearly died... The sun was very slowly going down so it didn't really seem urgent."
They realized they were lost when they turned around to return to their car. And Cera panicked for "about 20 minutes" before they were finally rescued by locals. He explains: "The minutes felt like hours. I didn't know how long we were gonna be stuck out there. I didn't know what kind of wildlife was out there."
"Miraculously we were rescued by these two night climbers with lights on their heads who knew the mountains... We were doubting ourselves and turning on each other. We never would have found it... we were hopelessly lost."
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'