Michael Cera Got Lost During Mountain Hike
Actor Michael Cera feared for his life on a recent road trip to the Colorado wilderness after he and a friend got lost during a hike up a mountain. The "Superbad" star drove from his native Ontario, Canada to tour the U.S. with a pal, but the trip took a turn for the worse when the pair went hiking in Denver last month.
Cera remembers, "We went up and we climbed up on a mountain by the Red Rocks, which is a big boulder in Denver, and we got lost and actually very nearly died... The sun was very slowly going down so it didn't really seem urgent."
They realized they were lost when they turned around to return to their car. And Cera panicked for "about 20 minutes" before they were finally rescued by locals. He explains: "The minutes felt like hours. I didn't know how long we were gonna be stuck out there. I didn't know what kind of wildlife was out there."
"Miraculously we were rescued by these two night climbers with lights on their heads who knew the mountains... We were doubting ourselves and turning on each other. We never would have found it... we were hopelessly lost."
More Michael Cera News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video